Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title, FX, Particle, and Transition effects in PD 17 Ultra
wlammert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2019 19:11 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Could someone who has recently purchased PD 17 Ultra confirm how many out of the box Title, FX, Particle and Transition effects are included in the Ultra version.

I have the trial version and all the tutorials I have viewed seem to much more content for these plugins than in the trial version.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Could someone who has recently purchased PD 17 Ultra confirm how many out of the box Title, FX, Particle and Transition effects are included in the Ultra version.

I have the trial version and all the tutorials I have viewed seem to much more content for these plugins than in the trial version.

The trial version is quite limited. This page shows the restrictions (expand Download Information), and here are the details of included content by version level. If you're not in the US, you should change the country at the upper right of the page.

There is a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can buy it to remove all the limitations and try everything out for a month and still get a full refund if you aren't happy.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Could someone who has recently purchased PD 17 Ultra confirm how many out of the box Title, FX, Particle and Transition effects are included in the Ultra version.

wlammert, very difficult to give a correct answer to your question as the PD17 Ultra installation will depend if one had any previous version of PD installed as not all NewBlue effects are always included for instance, as well if one had prior Creative Design Packs installed or which of these packs may be on a bundled offer with the current offering.

Best I could estimate:
Titles: PD17 Trial 12, Ultra probably more than 100
Fx: PD17 Trial 113, Ultra probably more than 113
Particles: PD17 Trial 2, Ultra probably more than 100
Transitions: PD17 Trial 124, Ultra probably more than 124

This table here https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23375&prodId=4&prodVerId=1339&CategoryId=-1&keyword=features provides some insight but it honestly has to be totally wrong too. For instance, how one can claim all versions have 124 "Video effects" yet many PD17 versions do not include "NewBlue FX Video Essentials VII" or "NewBlue Paint Effects" to name a few inconsistencies.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2019 10:41

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
You can try switching to the PD 365 version, only disadvantage is only valid for one year.
From access to many effects packages see more. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365