Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 Disc Producing Issue
MikeF47 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Aug 16, 2014 11:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced a DVD Disc utilising the MPEG2 option on a 4.7 Gb DVD. The Disc burnt OK and it plays fine on my computer under windows 10 and media player. However when I try to play it on a DVD player to my TV via an HDMI cable I have a issue. The DVD starts OK and plays part of the DVD but it stops at different points in the DVD and just gives a blank Black TV screen.
Could this be something I am doing wrong in the settings for the burning process?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible either the dvd burner or the standalone dvd player drive has a track alignment problem or the lens on the laser might be dirty. This can sometimes be remedied by burning the blank disc at a lower or the lowest speed.

In the Final Output window click the Configure drive button in the upper right. A Pop up window open. Set the Recording speed to the lowest if available. If a lower burn speed is not available, then you can check Create a folder. Use Power2Go(free) or imgburn(freeware) to burn that disc say at 4x.
MikeF47 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Aug 16, 2014 11:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is possible either the dvd burner or the standalone dvd player drive has a track alignment problem or the lens on the laser might be dirty. This can sometimes be remedied by burning the blank disc at a lower or the lowest speed.

In the Final Output window click the Configure drive button in the upper right. A Pop up window open. Set the Recording speed to the lowest if available. If a lower burn speed is not available, then you can check Create a folder. Use Power2Go(free) or imgburn(freeware) to burn that disc say at 4x.

Thanks I'll give it a try
Mike
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Could it be something to do with Create Disc/Menu preferences/Menu structure.
Just a thought. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"