Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut and Paste
thwim* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2019 09:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to cut a part of an image and move it to a different spot on the image?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Edit/Object Removal/Smart Patch to place the object where you want. You will then need to use the Content Aware Removal tool to remove the original object. The first tool places a duplicate of the object in the location you desire. The second tool removes the original object and fills it with the background.
thwim* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2019 09:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to Edit/Object Removal/Smart Patch to place the object where you want. You will then need to use the Content Aware Removal tool to remove the original object. The first tool places a duplicate of the object in the location you desire. The second tool removes the original object and fills it with the background.

I figured out how to do it but it oppisite from my way of thinking. I wanted move a letter to a blank spot. So I have to select the blank spot and then select the letter and it moves the letter to the blank spot.
I was trying to select the letter and move it a blank spot but all is well.
Thanks for the help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I figured out how to do it but it oppisite from my way of thinking. I wanted move a letter to a blank spot. So I have to select the blank spot and then select the letter and it moves the letter to the blank spot.
I was trying to select the letter and move it a blank spot but all is well.
Thanks for the help.

Basically, you're using the tool to "remove" the blank spot and replace it with the letter, so the order makes sense if you look at it that way.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°