Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
plese solve my problum to use custom fonts
jasvinder singh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2018 03:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi all senior team members
i am from india and using power director from last 5 years
now i am trying to install custom fonts like punjabi thru google input tools
fonts working in every app but i am getting error in power director
plese guide me to solve
picture attched as example
plese solve
thanks
[Thumb - 20190120_021051.jpg]
 Filename
20190120_021051.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2339 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hi all senior team members
i am from india and using power director from last 5 years
now i am trying to install custom fonts like punjabi thru google input tools
fonts working in every app but i am getting error in power director
plese guide me to solve
picture attched as example
plese solve
thanks

I don't see anything wrong in your screenshot, except that there are spaces in the text box that don't show up in the Selected object: window. I don't know what error messages you're seeing.

I installed a free version of Raavi from this website, and everything works normally in PD17 on my PC:

You can try installing this version of Raavi and see if the problem goes away, otherwise please post a screenshot of the error message you get from PD17.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2019 16:11

jasvinder singh [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for your kind reply brother
yes the problem is the space issue in punjabi typed words
in others soft like words,excel,wirecast,vmix,logo designer etc There is on space issue ,only in power director
when i try to remove the gap then then a word goes delete
as per your provided website link, i download ravi fonts again , but same problem
if you are a punjabi and can understand my religious feeling which i am facing now
now what to do brother
plese guide
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote thanks for your kind reply brother
yes the problem is the space issue in punjabi typed words
in others soft like words,excel,wirecast,vmix,logo designer etc There is on space issue ,only in power director
when i try to remove the gap then then a word goes delete
as per your provided website link, i download ravi fonts again , but same problem
if you are a punjabi and can understand my religious feeling which i am facing now
now what to do brother
plese guide

I am not Punjabi and I hope my example text did not offend as I typed in some random characters.

I do not know how to solve this exact problem, but it may be better to type your text in Notepad or Word so that you have everything correct, and then copy it into Title Designer and save it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2019 17:13

jasvinder singh [Avatar]
[Post New]
brother
just i did a new test
with help of google translater i type same text and copy from google and paste in text feauter in power director
but same issue here
pls check attched screenshots
any suggestion, what to do
[Thumb - 20190120_034149.jpg]
 Filename
20190120_034149.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2370 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - 20190120_034304.jpg]
 Filename
20190120_034304.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3180 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
jasvinder singh [Avatar]
[Post New]
same problem with several tries, but thanks for your reply and thanks for your attension on my post and problem
thanks a lot
i will try another way to solve my issue
thanks bro
optodata
[Post New]
Yes, now I understand. We cannot even copy and paste the text without it becoming damaged in PD.

This should be reported to Cyberlink, but Punjabi is not listed as a supported language and they may not be able to fix this.

So we'll have to treat your text as an image in PD.

Use Word or Paint and set the text color to what you want to use and format it the way you want it to look. For example, set the font to white and choose a solid background color, like green or black. Use a large font size so you don't have jagged edges, and take a screenshot of it using Alt + Prnt Scrn or Win + Shift + S like this:

Then save the image and import it into PD. Place the image on the timeline, then open it with the PiP Designer and chroma-key out the background, like this:

Finally, you can place it on the timeline and it will appear in front of the other video or images on the track above it:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2019 18:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jasvinder singh [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello brother
thanks again to serch the problem which i am facing , yes i am doing the same as you mentioned
but i wanna perfect solution by power director team
waiting for power director team
plese tell me how to contact them
thanks
optodata
[Post New]
To contact Cyberlink tech support, please follow the steps here. Also, copy the URL of this thread and paste it in your problem description so they can see exactly what's happening.

After you send the response you will get a ticket number (CSxxxxxxxx). Please reply here with that number to make sure they can find this thread.

Good luck!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°