CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to find the right video template
Reply to this topic
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Private Message Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 273 Offline
[Post New]
Looking for a list of the templates that can be used to start a show. The opening, the videos identified so you can pick and choose on the fly.

Videos seemed to be lumped together and I can't seem to find this type in one place. (lie vintage trains, space_8 etc).

How do you differentiate between the templates as well as find the templates you want.

For example - lookng for a template that whould show planes.

Alan
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5757 Offline
[Post New]
This post may help as it shows some of strategies that can make browsing at DZ more productive.

DZ is a vast collection of user-submitted content, and I don't know that it's possible to have everything neatly arranged in all the right categories, especially since that would require that everyone use the same keywords consistently across many languages.

As mentioned in the other post, I think you'll have a little better likelihood of success by entering a search term, then using the filter to limit your chosen results. Note that you can also click on Templates at the top left and choose Videos, Photos or Creators to show only those matching results.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
Based on your description you want a dvd menu with many chapter/title thumbnails. If you have videos for say 1. Vintage trains, 2. Space ships, 3. Automobiles, 4. Airplanes then you want a menu that has say at least 4 chapter thumbnails so that you can name each of the thumbnail with the above names you want.

In the Create disc/Menu Preference tab uncheck Include the Root menu so the chapter Menu appears with those names and thumbnails you choose to show.

The menu template background can be replaced in menu designer to one that show planes that you have.

A multilevel menu may be what you want if you want chapters for each of the above titles.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
Optodata answered first while I was still typing. I beleive that whatever it is that you are seeking in a menu then we got you covered with the information posted in this thread.
[Post New]
Hello Alan,

As he so often does, optodata has hit the nail on the head: "that would require that everyone use the same keywords consistently".

DirectorZone searches are, at least partially, based on keywords. There is no expectation that the many thousands of DZ contributors would use a standard system of keywording/tagging.

e.g. a search for "planes" will not reveal this PiP Motion Object because the only tag the user has attached is "pip". Possibly, the user has no interest in having their template shared widely wink

On DZ, it's best to search more broadly... e.g. a search for "planes" as optodata illustrated yields 112 results. A search for "plane" (without the s) yields 380. A search for "airplanes" gets 14, but a search for "airplane" (no s) gets 201.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Looking for a list of the templates that can be used to start a show. The opening, the videos identified so you can pick and choose on the fly.

Videos seemed to be lumped together and I can't seem to find this type in one place. (lie vintage trains, space_8 etc).

How do you differentiate between the templates as well as find the templates you want.

For example - lookng for a template that whould show planes.

Alan

Thanks for quick reply.

The planes videos you bought up, to me, are just videos.

What I would like is a video selection of (like you pulled up) but videos that give you the capability to use it as the template video where it would show the title of the show, and the scenes in the show, then be able to go into the following pages for execution of scenes you choose to run. Again, like the two selections included in the original service request.

Hard to explain.

Alan
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5757 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...What I would like is a video selection of (like you pulled up) but videos that give you the capability to use it as the template video where it would show the title of the show, and the scenes in the show, then be able to go into the following pages for execution of scenes you choose to run. Again, like the two selections included in the original service request.

Hard to explain.

Are you looking for a menu template for making a Blu-Ray or DVD? Otherwise, you can use any video clip as an opening scene, and maybe just chroma-key out the parts where you want to start to see your content.

If you can find an example of what you're looking for, either of a different subject on DZ, or a similar style video on YouTube, etc., that would help us understand how to help better.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looking at the last 3 posts from last year, Alan wants particles and motion objects to replace the chapter thumbnails in a DVD menu. This is what he is calling videos. Unfortunately, video clips are not allowed to be uploaded to the DZ. The particles and motion objects can have animation that can simulate the videos that he wants for those thumbnails.

Hope this is the explanation.
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Looking at the last 3 posts from last year, Alan wants particles and motion objects to replace the chapter thumbnails in a DVD menu. This is what he is calling videos. Unfortunately, video clips are not allowed to be uploaded to the DZ. The particles and motion objects can have animation that can simulate the videos that he wants for those thumbnails.

Hope this is the explanation.

An example video template is one I found on Directorzone. It is space_8.

If you look at that template video It provides you with
1. main page -video title
2. scenes

The following pages of the video clip are the videos spead out over a numberf of pages depending on have many videos per page it allows.

I may have to return to CA for a workshop. Spent 25 years there then retired to the midwest (IA).

Alan
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Menu template link for space_8: https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/95049 .

Every menu in the DZ has the same assets as space_8. You just need to replace the background image with an airplane photo.

1. main page -video title is My Videos on that and every Menu template.
2. scenes – This is nothing more than the chapter menu on every menu template created.

There are no plane or airplane menu templates that I find in the DZ. They are Box and Clouds. All you have to do is to replace the background space image in that Space_8 menu with an airplane image that you find and choose in a google search on the internet.

Hope this helps. Maybe a kind soul can upload an airplane menu to the DZ.
Reply to this topic