Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray Burn Unsuccessful
Phil_cbd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2017 01:15 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
BD burn fails with message "Burn Unsuccessful - Error Code eEB191085 - Disc has no available space for write." This happens with a long project - 2.5hrs - rendered with 'Smart Fit'. Render appears to be OK but burn fails at about 92% when disc is full. Perhaps 'Smart Fit' doesn't allow enough space for 'Chapters' but it seems bit rate is about 10% too high. Any suggestions?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote BD burn fails with message "Burn Unsuccessful - Error Code eEB191085 - Disc has no available space for write." This happens with a long project - 2.5hrs - rendered with 'Smart Fit'. Render appears to be OK but burn fails at about 92% when disc is full. Perhaps 'Smart Fit' doesn't allow enough space for 'Chapters' but it seems bit rate is about 10% too high. Any suggestions?

Burn to folder, if successful, then simply use windows to burn BD if size is appropriate.

Jeff
Phil_cbd [Avatar]
[Post New]

Burn to folder, if successful, then simply use windows to burn BD if size is appropriate.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I'll try 'Windows' but with similar attempts I found the file may burn OK but doesn't carry over 'Chapters' which are so necessary with long school/theatre performances. - Phil
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff, I'll try 'Windows' but with similar attempts I found the file may burn OK but doesn't carry over 'Chapters' which are so necessary with long school/theatre performances. - Phil

You use the Create Disc module just like you are doing for burning to a BD, however, just click the "Create a folder" option only. If this folder creation is successful, then you will have chapters as this folder is the same as contents on the BD.

Jeff
Phil_cbd [Avatar]
[Post New]

You use the Create Disc module just like you are doing for burning to a BD, however, just click the "Create a folder" option only. If this folder creation is successful, then you will have chapters as this folder is the same as contents on the BD.

Jeff

Thanks again Jeff,
In - 'Create Disc / 2D Disc / 25GB / MPEG-2 / Quality HD 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) - it possible to change to say (15Mbps) and save as a new 'Quality' - so force a bit rate which is probably a little lower than 'Smart Fit' would calculate?

In other words, the same as in 'Produce' where 'Custom' / 'Profile Name' / and then 'Quality' allows a new, fixed bit rate.

It would be good to see the Diagram on bottom left of screen show "23000 MB / 24202 MB" but that may be asking a little too much.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks again Jeff,
In - 'Create Disc / 2D Disc / 25GB / MPEG-2 / Quality HD 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) - it possible to change to say (15Mbps) and save as a new 'Quality' - so force a bit rate which is probably a little lower than 'Smart Fit' would calculate?

In other words, the same as in 'Produce' where 'Custom' / 'Profile Name' / and then 'Quality' allows a new, fixed bit rate.

It would be good to see the Diagram on bottom left of screen show "23000 MB / 24202 MB" but that may be asking a little too much.

You never indicated what the result of my suggested "Create a folder" option was nor its size so we gain a little better understanding of the issue and direction to take. Reading between the lines of your situation, it maybe that you fell in this old trap, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51592.page#post_box_270673 If so, what I posted there may be of value. It also provides a link to a complete pdf which shows you how to create a BD at a given bitrate (within reason). The pdf was for NTSC but the same approach will work with PAL too and PD16.

For 2.5hrs content at 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) I'd probably try a matching MPEG2 "Produce" profile with a user customized avg bitrate of ~20Mbps if you want MPEG2 on BD. Follow the pdf approach but just set BD to 50GB when you create the folder as PD will still overestimate the size needed but the created folder will be burnable to 25GB BD disc.

Good Luck
Jeff

EDIT: Attached a picture showing the ~23GB for your 2.5 hr, 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) MPEG2 BD creation with a default menu and 12 chapters with the approach outlined above so it should function ok for you.
[Thumb - PD16_23GBBD.png]
 Filename
PD16_23GBBD.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2019 13:49

Phil_cbd [Avatar]
[Post New]

You never indicated what the result of my suggested "Create a folder" option was nor its size so we gain a little better understanding of the issue and direction to take. Reading between the lines of your situation, it maybe that you fell in this old trap, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51592.page#post_box_270673 If so, what I posted there may be of value. It also provides a link to a complete pdf which shows you how to create a BD at a given bitrate (within reason). The pdf was for NTSC but the same approach will work with PAL too and PD16.

For 2.5hrs content at 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) I'd probably try a matching MPEG2 "Produce" profile with a user customized avg bitrate of ~20Mbps if you want MPEG2 on BD. Follow the pdf approach but just set BD to 50GB when you create the folder as PD will still overestimate the size needed but the created folder will be burnable to 25GB BD disc.

Good Luck
Jeff

EDIT: Attached a picture showing the ~23GB for your 2.5 hr, 1920x1080/50i (26Mbps) MPEG2 BD creation with a default menu and 12 chapters with the approach outlined above so it should function ok for you.

'Create Folder' option in 'Produce' at 15Mbps gave file of 20GB but neither 'Power2Go' nor 'Power Producer' will burn a BD. I upgraded to 'Media Suite Ultimate' three months ago but now P2G says I need to upgrade again for $30...

Couldn't get a BD out of Windows, just a data disk. Said for BD I don't have 'rights'! It's my original video for heavans sake!!!

'Create Folder' in Create Disc / Smart Fit' gave folder size 22.9GB but can't burn a BD from 'My Video' unless I upgrade.

My feeling is this program does not do what it says it will and frustrates users until they go on to the monthly payment option so I'll buy a third party disc burning program and learn 'Da Vinci Resolve' - a greast program that doesn't burn discs but does what it says - and it's free.....

Thanks Jeff, but I wasted too many BDs and too much time trying to get this to work - I'm moving on...

Kind regards,
Phil

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2019 10:04

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
'Create Folder' in Create Disc / Smart Fit' gave folder size 22.9GB but can't burn a BD from 'My Video' unless I upgrade.

Upgrade what? As I mentioned in my first post basic Windows 7/8/10 with explorer can handle the BD burn. It's been done by many as shown here with confirmed success : https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51588.page#post_box_270680

Jeff
Phil_cbd [Avatar]
[Post New]

Upgrade what? As I mentioned in my first post basic Windows 7/8/10 with explorer can handle the BD burn. It's been done by many as shown here with confirmed success : https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51588.page#post_box_270680

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I was a bit frustrated last night! OK - the files in the folder made with 'Smart Fit' were correct size for BD. Excellent idea! I downloaded and used "IMG Burn" to burn a disc from that folder and it worked perfectly - fast forward and chapter points all work, so it appears it's Cyberlink's burning program that has a problem or creates disk issues that reduce the BD's capacity to below Smart Fit's file size. PowerDirector is easy to use and I like it but for BD video lengths that require SmartFit use, I'll make the folder only and use IMG... Problem solved :
Thanks again,
Phil
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeff,
I was a bit frustrated last night! OK - the files in the folder made with 'Smart Fit' were correct size for BD. Excellent idea! I downloaded and used "IMG Burn" to burn a disc from that folder and it worked perfectly - fast forward and chapter points all work, so it appears it's Cyberlink's burning program that has a problem or creates disk issues that reduce the BD's capacity to below Smart Fit's file size. PowerDirector is easy to use and I like it but for BD video lengths that require SmartFit use, I'll make the folder only and use IMG... Problem solved :
Thanks again,
Phil

ImgBurn was suggested in one of the posts I had linked, it does a good job too, one has many free options. I rarely use PD to burn an actual disc. For me it's much more feasible to "Create a folder" during the Burn in 2D PD task as one can playback this folder with the proper menu structure in many free or purchased players. That way one can confirm all aspects of the menu and playback structure prior to wasting any actual discs. If you like it, then one has the ability to simply burn this exact creation using WIN, ImgBurn, or any other capable free or paid for products to burn the actual BD disc.

Jeff
Phil_cbd [Avatar]
[Post New]

ImgBurn was suggested in one of the posts I had linked, it does a good job too, one has many free options. I rarely use PD to burn an actual disc. For me it's much more feasible to "Create a folder" during the Burn in 2D PD task as one can playback this folder with the proper menu structure in many free or purchased players. That way one can confirm all aspects of the menu and playback structure prior to wasting any actual discs. If you like it, then one has the ability to simply burn this exact creation using WIN, ImgBurn, or any other capable free or paid for products to burn the actual BD disc.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Yes, this will be my work-flow now. Just did another long show - 2hrs 55mins. 'Smart Fit' got the file size perfect though I wish I could read the actual bit rate. All good! Thank you very much for your help. - Phil
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I wish I could read the actual bit rate. ...

for decrypted BDs.

BD drive\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts or biggest file
use MediaInfo. right click...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
 Filename
20190127 1239 12-1.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
using MediaInfo to find BD video bitrates
 Filesize
909 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2019 13:57

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1