Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dreamy Effect Question
Dreamer123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2019 17:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to isolate the hazy effect without adding light/tone change to the video?

I find the haziness makes some videos easier on the eyes, but the brightness of the effect can sometimes be too strong, and there doesn't appear to be a function to alter it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to isolate the hazy effect without adding light/tone change to the video?

I find the haziness makes some videos easier on the eyes, but the brightness of the effect can sometimes be too strong, and there doesn't appear to be a function to alter it.

Where are you applying the hazy effect from? Are you using the Android app or PD on Windows?

Even if the effect can't be directly adjusted, you should be able to edit the entire clip and tone down the brightness. More details and even a screenshot would be helpful here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2019 12:05

Dreamer123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2019 17:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Alright, after exploring the editing functions a bit more, I believe I found the solution.

There may not be a function to control the light on the effect panel itself, but the exposure function on the adjustment panel appears to reduce it sufficiently. Before, I just was looking at the brightness function.

Your tip helped guide me in the right direction, thanks optodata!