CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove the 2 second Gaps Cyberlink Power Media adds even when not on the source recording
Reply to this topic
craigtheairplaneman [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 07, 2019 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All and Happy New Year:

I have Windows 10 with Power Media 14 and it has been flawless but there is one issue I hope you can give me a setting
adjustment and or a work-around.

When I play a pre-recorded CD (Even though it was produced with no gaps between songs) or a file from the computer each time
a track ends there is a 2 second gap before the next one begins.

It isn't terrible if it is a studio recording (Still prefer to have it as playing with no gaps) but when you are listening to a live
release the gaps between the songs detroy the continuity.

Is there some way to remove any gaps between songs? I have never experienced this before in any playback medium. I have seen
it obviously if somebody records a CD with the gaps between songs but not if they flow without separation.

Thank you for your help and expertise,

CraIg
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you have Media Suite 14 and are trying to make a music disc with Power2Go?

Not sure which audio format you selected, but if it is an Audio CD then to remove the gap click the Edit button while adding the tracks to the disc and type in "0" in the Insert gap between tracks field. By default it is 2 seconds.

David
craigtheairplaneman [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 07, 2019 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David:

As mentioned in the post above, the two second gap is added no matter what is transpiring.

If I play a file of 10 songs already recorded two second gaps are added even though there are no gaps to begin with. To make it easier:: You have a band and gave me either a Flash Drive, Download, or CD (Already recorded) of your music. It is ten songs. No gaps appear between them and the file is now opened called "Dave's Band." The ten songs get loaded up in Power Media and one plays after the other but adds two second pauses between the tracks. Scenario number 1.

Scenario number 2. I record a CD (Not using Power Media) and choose no gaps.

I put the CD in the computer and open Power Media. When it plays it puts gaps between songs.

Any situation two seconds of silence appears between tracks even if they are not recorded that way from the master source.

All I am trying to do is play a file/CD continuously with no gaps since they did not have any to begin with.

Thank you for your time and have the best of Tuesday's.

Happy New Year,
Craig

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2019 08:35

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
You need to provide more information about your setup and what you are playing the music files with. Information on where you got the software (purchased or OEM) and also addressing the questions outline in the "Starting a New Post" section of the readme: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77503.page

It is a little difficult to help you because there is no CyberLink software called Power Media 14 that I am aware of. So you can see why it may not be clear to some. You posted in Media Suite forum, so logically we would assume you are using one of the packaged software that comes in that suite.
Reply to this topic