CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible Bug In Title Designer
Reply to this topic
Mikmal123 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Sydney Australia Joined: Dec 23, 2017 21:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the Title Designer in PD16 to create a new title from scratch. The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Home Premium.
The title I amd trying to create is very simple - it comprises a background photo and two text lines one under the other.
The second text line is to have a fading input effect only. All works beautifully until I add a background photo (jpg, tif or gif - it doesn't matter). Once th photo is added as the background, the fading effect fails to activate and all I get when playing the preview is as if the fading effect was not present - both lines appear from start to finish. Interestingly, I can drag the preview slider forwards/backwards and I get the fading effect on the second line as intended. However there is no fading effect when the preview is played or the Title is saved and played on the timeline.
Furthermore, if I go back and edit the title and remove the background, the fading effect works on review and also when saved to the timeline.
Has anyone seen this before or has a solution?
[Post New]
Quote I am using the Title Designer in PD16 to create a new title from scratch. The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Home Premium.
The title I amd trying to create is very simple - it comprises a background photo and two text lines one under the other.
The second text line is to have a fading input effect only. All works beautifully until I add a background photo (jpg, tif or gif - it doesn't matter). Once th photo is added as the background, the fading effect fails to activate and all I get when playing the preview is as if the fading effect was not present - both lines appear from start to finish. Interestingly, I can drag the preview slider forwards/backwards and I get the fading effect on the second line as intended. However there is no fading effect when the preview is played or the Title is saved and played on the timeline.
Furthermore, if I go back and edit the title and remove the background, the fading effect works on review and also when saved to the timeline.
Has anyone seen this before or has a solution?

I checked here in PD17 I think it's the same as PD16, if I apply the Opacity effect at the beginning and end it works perfectly for 2 lines of text or more.

An example: You create a title with 20 sec.
When adding in the timeline, it defaults to 10 sec. this leave out the Opacity effect.

The other option, this fits the text time and I find it easier to apply.
Use the Effect, Starting Effect, Fade and or Ending Effect, fade

Another option to add a Fade transition to the text block in the timeline works perfectly.
If there is overlapping fade transition across multiple tracks it may not work as expected in some cases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2019 11:15

PowerDirector Moderator
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Mikmal123,

I was not able to duplicate your findings. Please check the attached video and see if I performed the steps correctly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
TDFadeinTest.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6016 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Reply to this topic