Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 - Cannot create disc, either burning or folder
JTB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2019 04:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My wife and I have digitized some old home videos on VHS and are trying to burn to DVD as a Christmas present for family members. Inevitably it crashes at about 98%, and the last file created seems to be VIDEO_TS.VOB, immediately after VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO. Crash logs report as corrupt, but I'm attaching here.

This has failed now on two computers. This has not been a problem previously, as we've followed the same process earlier this year using the same hardware. We are using the Diamond OneTouch Video Caputer USB device for capturing the video signal, and our copy of PowerDirector came with this device.

What other information can I provide to help solve this issue? Any ideas?
 Filename
CrashRpt.xml
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
132 time(s)
 Filename
MiniDump.dmp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
First I would try the same project with no menu.
If that fails, try burning a few sample files to DVD, no menu. Then try with a menu.

Trying to narrow down if you can burn ANYTHING to DVD or folder with or without a menu.

Then try the first half of the timeline, second half.

Delete temp files. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the forum index page has a list of specific info about your system that's needed for solving tech problems, along with the steps needed to obtain and post the results. However, the XML file you attached has some of that info in it, including your Win10 version and the video driver version for your nVidia GTX 1070 GPU card.

The driver you have installed is a year old, so another thing you can try is to download and install the final driver version that will work with PD12 from this webpage. Do NOT install the latest driver, or anything past this one (411.70), because nVidia changed how all newer drivers interact with software programs, and PD12 will not be able to use the GPU hardware if any newer version is installed.

(BTW if you want to use the new drivers for any reason, you'll need to install PD15, 16 or 17).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JTB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2019 04:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure what the issue is, though I'm inclined to believe at this point that some Windows update has made v12 too old after several days of fighting it. So I bit the bullet and bought v17. Hoping it will solve my problems.

Thanks for the suggestions, frustrating that a software QA guy couldn't get it to work on his own.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I just burned a folder of sample images, no problem, I did not use a menu, just a simple folder burn.
Seeing as you already bought PD17, there is no reason to abandon PD12, you can remove the 64bit installer in the PD12 download and install it as 32bit and you'll have access to DivX and lossless compression codecs for both capture and production. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT