Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loss of Images in Preview Window
plankowner21### [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2018 17:48 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully someone reads this and tells me the obvious thing I am missing.

I am using Power Director 11, I have a production with pictures and vidoes and sound tracks.
I have somehow managed to turn off or otherwise disable any images during playback and production. Every picture and video is able to be seen on the playlines. When I press play, I get the music that has been selected but no video except for a blank screen.

If you've experienced this and fixed it, please respond.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds as if the video track is disabled. There should be a tick in the checkbox at the left-hand end of the track. If this is unticked the video will not show in the preview window and will not be produced in the finished video.
[Thumb - Disable_track.jpg]
 Filename
Disable_track.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
plankowner21### [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2018 17:48 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Nope, I sent you a PM Mike.

Rob
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob, thanks for your PM and screenshot.

I'm not sure I've interpreted what you originally said correctly. The screenshot shows an image in the preview window but I now think you're saying that this disappears when you try to play the video from the timeline and that produced output files also have no video. Have I got that right?

I can't see anything wrong in your screenshot. The only other thing that I can think of, especially in light of the fact that earlier projects are now being affected in the same way, is that an update has changed something, probably in your video card driver. In these situations I usually suggest trying to use Windows System Restore to see if rolling the system back to an earlier date can cure the problem.

It would be useful if you could provide a DxDiag file of your system. To find how to do this click on the link "Read Me Before Posting - Suggestions to Get the Best Results" at the top of the page and scroll down to the topic "Generating the DxDiag.txt File". I confess that I'm unlikely to be able to glean much from the information therein but there are some very knowledgeable members who can.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2018 15:28

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
FYI OP started two threads with the same topic, and tomasc pulled a real rabbit out of his hat and posted the solution on the other thread

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote FYI OP started two threads with the same topic, and tomasc pulled a real rabbit out of his hat and posted the solution on the other thread

Rabbit, age old issue for some across many versions of PD and never resolved. Adrian was the first to post a solution some 8yrs ago. Somethings never change!
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14828.page#post_box_71971

Jeff