CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP4 VIDEO ROTATED SIDEWAYS WHEN IMPORTED TO POWER PRODUCER6
Reply to this topic
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Bronx.N.Y Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Does any one know why the video I recorded on my phone is playing sideways when I import it to PP from my computer and how I can rotate it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2018 19:02

VINCENT SAVARINO
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4593 Online
[Post New]
Quote Does any one know why the video I recorded on my phone is playing sideways when I import it to PP from my computer and how I can rotate it.

I don't think that PowerProducer was ever meant to handle cell phone aspect ration but try this.

Add the video to the timeline and select it, right click, select properties set the aspect ratio to what you want.

Alternately (I'm trying to remember) , add the video to the timeline for full screen. Add the video again as an overlay and adjust the aspect ration for that clip.

I could not find many tutorials on PowerProducer but there are a few on YouTube (like these).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2018 12:39

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Bronx.N.Y Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I don't think that PowerProducer was ever meant to handle cell phone aspect ration but try this.

Add the video to the timeline and select it, right click, select properties set the aspect ratio to what you want.

Alternately (I'm trying to remember) , add the video to the timeline for full screen. Add the video again as an overlay and adjust the aspect ration for that clip.

I could not find many tutorials on PowerProducer but there are a few on YouTube (like these).

I have set the aspect ratio as you instructed.Ido not know what you mean to add video again as an overlay, I have imported them over and over again and each time they enter sideways.When I hold my phone sideways and record and import it to power producer
it comes out the correct way, unfortunately the videos i need to edit I didnt shoot like that.,On everything else they are fine only in power producer is this happening and there is no rotate option.Thank You for trying to help.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2018 15:24

VINCENT SAVARINO
Reply to this topic