CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube Channel
Reply to this topic
Karl M [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 22, 2018 21:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm planning on starting a YouTube channel in the spring. Am I allowed to use DirectorZone materials on the channel?
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3279 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, and people do that all the time. I just looked at the many, many rules and regulations for using DZ content on their Terms of Service page, and the most relevent section for your question is 3.a.

However, in section 7.a. it also states that you can only do this for non-commercial use, and then goes on to say that you can't modify anything in any way - even though they clearly grant those rights in Section 3.

Bottom line - to me - is that sharing with other members is the whole point of DZ, and while they will act on a request from a 3rd party to take down any copyrighted material, I don't think that they'll ever go after anyone using original DZ material on YouTube.

YT is much more aggressive when dealing with music that's included in PD (and that you're legally allowed to use), so take a look at this thread for more info.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2018 21:50

youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Reply to this topic