CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using downloads in monetized videos?
Reply to this topic
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
If I have a modest youtube account (a few thousand views per video, it's just a vlog) am I able to use sound clips etc. from the directorzone in my videos if monetization in enabled? The TOS says no spam or commercial purposes, but as an individual creator this is somewhat of a gray area. I think that would really sour the experience of using powerdirector if we can't... thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5757 Offline
[Post New]
posted to the wrong thread - sorry!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2018 00:56

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello killertomato,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum laughing

I don't think I'd be risking that at all. The majority of DZ audio clips are uploaded by regular members who happily check the box indicating they agree to the copyright disclaimer (attached with DZ Terms of Service), but I could point you to hundreds of examples where the user shouldn't have done so. i.e. it's copyrighted content.

It's much safer to choose media for which you have a license to use it on YouTube.

Forum member and brilliant contributor, Eric Matyas, has a broad selection of audio & visual material available.

Aside from that there are more reliable sources of audio clips that are not likely to be detrimental to your YouTube agreement.

PIX
[Thumb - DZ Copyright Disclaimer.jpg]
 Filename
DZ Copyright Disclaimer.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
259 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
DZ - Terms of Service.pdf