Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Ultra - impossible to reactivate. What the.. ?!?!?
Nunjah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2018 08:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Never in my life have I stumbled upon a more difficult, cumbersome, counter-intuitive, backwards reactivation experience.

I bought Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 a few months back. Now, after reinstalling Windows, trying to get PowerDirector reactivated is proving to be quite an impossible mission. The download links provided in my Order Confirmation email no longer work, the trial version from the website don't offer reactivation method, and My Account section on Cyberlink website doesn't even list my product anymore.

How in God's name am I supposed to install and use a product that I paid for and ordered directly from the Cyberlink official website? There is no cautionary notice in the initial order confirmation email that states that these links ever expire, no friendly advice to keep the software stored on a storage device, nothing. But seriously now, what other developers in 2018 don't offer direct links to customers who bought their software?!?!?! Wow!

What makes it even worse is the fact that Cyberlink charge their customers a fee of around 6 pounds to reactivate the download links for the products they bought!!!!! WHO DOES THAT?!?! I can understand fair strategies for maximising profits, but THIS?!?!? This is unfair and unacceptable. This is not how you treat your customers and definitely not the way to keep them around.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
This is NOT cyberlink. We are only normal users like you and we understand your annoyance.
You have to proof cyberlink your purchase and you will get another email with the download links.
The trial version does not work. And I have never heard, that it costs anything.
And after having downloaded all the files again, save them as a backup. And go and register your product.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Nunjah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2018 08:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is NOT cyberlink. We are only normal users like you and we understand your annoyance.
You have to proof cyberlink your purchase and you will get another email with the download links.
The trial version does not work. And I have never heard, that it costs anything.
And after having downloaded all the files again, save them as a backup. And go and register your product.

Hatti

Hi there. Thanks for your reply.

I can assure you that if you go into your account, there's an option to check an order status. If you introduce the order details, an option to renew the links is provided to you, for £5.99 excluding VAT. This is appalling.

You say this is not Cyberlink, but surely they have to check this forum, no? It's embedded into their official website afterall. Do they not care?

I have a funny feeling they would care more if any one of our new threads would cash them £5.99.

To go back on topic, I opened a ticket. I hope they don't take 2 weeks to get back to me.

Thanks again.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2018 10:32

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Each supplier will, no doubt, have their own reasons for choosing their preferred method of securing their software distribution, perhaps bandwidth, perhaps server configuration or just cost?

CL currently use a time limited download link, rather than an account based download.

Whichever case, many experienced users take to storing their downloaded installation files somewhere secure, on or off site, so that they are availble under their own control. Even account based remote storage can suffer glitches from time to time!!

If you raise the issue with Customer Support, giving all the purchase details etc. then once they can valiadate your purchase they should be able to provide you with a new download link so that you can access all the installation files.

CL hosts and administers the forum as a facility to users. The forum is member to member so that members can ask for and give help or advice to other members. As Mods manage the forum on a day to day basis and we can refer issues to CL where appropriate, but in essence there is no regular monitoring of the forum directly by CL.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do