Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 17 - Cross Fade
PeeBee45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2018 06:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just baffled.
Have been creating a production and overlapping video/photo clips which then allows you to crossfade.
Just tried to do another and it only allows insert or replace, no crossfade option??
Anyone know why this is, don't think i've changed any settings, but that's not to say I haven't by mistake.
Any advise appreciated
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just baffled.
Have been creating a production and overlapping video/photo clips which then allows you to crossfade.
Just tried to do another and it only allows insert or replace, no crossfade option??
Anyone know why this is, don't think i've changed any settings, but that's not to say I haven't by mistake.
Any advise appreciated

I'm not sure I've got it right.
There are 2 ways to add Cross Fade
Drag transition Fade to the junction of 2 clips.
The other, hold and drag a clip over another and choose Crossfade

It may rarely happen that an applied transition does not work, in this case save the project.
Close PD, reopen the project should work.
aittala [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 20:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

I'm not sure I've got it right.
There are 2 ways to add Cross Fade
Drag transition Fade to the junction of 2 clips.
The other, hold and drag a clip over another and choose Crossfade

It may rarely happen that an applied transition does not work, in this case save the project.
Close PD, reopen the project should work.

I'm having the same issue PeeBee is talking about.
I set up a bunch of clips to cross fade exactly the way that i want by dragging the clips on top...
In looking at the video, i wanted to change the very first clip...
Without moving all my other clips, why can't I just grab the beginning of the 2nd clip and drag it back(changing the lenght of the clip) a few seconds, drop in the first clip, then just grab beginning of the 2nd clip and reset up the crossfade as it was??
Or why does it only give the cross fade option when you drag the entire clip?
I tired to use the transisiton fade, but it moves every other clip?!...it's frustrating to say the least...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I always remove the fades first. Make the adjustment in trimming the clip and if the clip is too short like only a few seconds then a fade is not needed. If the clip length is sufficent then add the transition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2019 22:37