CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enable Manually Face Tag Editing disabled
Reply to this topic
pquadr [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 23, 2018 18:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Used manual face tag editing a lot yesterday, then suddenly the option was disabled in my PhotoDirectory 10.0.2022.0 Ultra. The option is grayed out, no matter what I try.

Also, Auto Detect Faces sometimes seems to hang (0% progress in several minutes). This, however, seems to recover after restarting Photo Director.

_pietro
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3279 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the subscription version, you should use the Application Manager to update to v10.0.2302.0. If you have the stand-alone version of PhD 10, you're at the newest release already.

Two thoughts on the option suddenly disappearing. One is that Windows may have updated the video driver and that caused the issue. You can also try rebooting and trying again.

Without any details about your system, it's hard to guess what might be happening.

That's why there's a << READ ME >> post at the top of every forum's index page, and it would help if you could follow the steps there to run the DxDiag test and attach the results.

There have been some significant problems caused by new video drivers in the past month, and seeing how your system is configured may be the key to solving your issues.
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
pquadr [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 23, 2018 18:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply,
when I check for updates, none are available (not surprising as I only downloaded/Installed yesterday).

I doubt that the issue is due to an updated driver as it literally happened while I was working on my project. Anyway, I attach here the result of DxDiag (thanks for pointing this out).

Rebooting doesn't help, I checked that as one of the first things. Also tried a new project and re-imported some of my pictures with no luck.

Maybe I should reinstall PhotoDIrectory?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3279 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for your reply amd for the DxDiag results. If you look at the end of the test results, you'll see the last 10 serious program crashes, and almost all of them are the "metro" Microsoft Windows Photos app. That's never a good sign, and I think you should uninstall that app and then open an Administrator-level command prompt then type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter. (Please use Google or Bing for more information).

Windows will scan for damaged system files, and will try to repair any it finds. You may need to run it again if it can't repair everything - but if it finds no problems, you're fine.

Once that's done, go ahead and reinstall the MS Photos app from the Windows Store.

Next, your Intel video driver is almost a year and a half out-of date. You can open Windows Device Manager, expand Display Adapters, double-click on HD Graphics 530 and go to the Driver tab. Click on Update Driver and see if it will automatically update you to v25.20.100.6373 dated Nov 5,2018.

If that doesn't work, download and it install it directly from this page.

Finally, try launching PhotoDirector again and see if the tags are available. If you still can't access them, then it's time to uninstall it and try again. Hopefully that's everything you'll need to do!
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Reply to this topic