Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ryzen 5 2500U vs i5-8250U based laptop
[Post New]
Hi,

I know, that above processors are not the first choice for PD 15 but I'm looking for a not too expensive laptop for traveling times.

There are pros and cons with them:

• Ryzen 5 2500U has better Vega 8 graphics unit but looses when it comes to computing power

• i5-8250U has better computing power but its UHD Graphics 620 is not the best one

Assuming similar hardware, what would you prefer to use for casual use? _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The newer i5 is better than the previous i7 generation based cpu for many laptops. See this passmark: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-8250U+%40+1.60GHz . The amd processor you chose is very close to this number in performance.

No one has reported a problem and submitted a DxDiag.txt on a pc with the mentioned cpu yet so I would not know how they perform with PD15. The performance should be adequate for HD video editing on either one I would think.