Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 Crash Burning DVD
[Post New]
I recently purchased the Diamond VC500 video capture device to record my VHS tapes to DVD/BD. The device came with PowerDirector DE 12 (version 12.0.4502.0 is installed) and registered with the included CD key. Upon assembling my first recording with menus, I attempted to burn a DVD in standard quality. During the last five minutes of the burn process, the software crashed and reportedly sent a crash report.

I have Windows 10 with current updates and a high-end Alienware computer. The DVD drive is a Matshita UJ167AM.

Thanks,
Richard
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD12 was released in 2013, so it seems odd to me that it's still being bundled with the VC500.

Please see the Read Me post at the top of the forum index and post your DxDiag results. There will likely be clues in there as to what's causing your crash.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello,
attached is my DxDiag file per your request. Should I also submit a trouble ticket to technical support?

Thank you for your assistance,
Richard

Quote PD12 was released in 2013, so it seems odd to me that it's still being bundled with the VC500.

Please see the Read Me post at the top of the forum index and post your DxDiag results. There will likely be clues in there as to what's causing your crash.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
176 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for posting the results! Let's try two things before going to tech support.

First, the driver for your Titan X GPU is almost a year old. Since nVidia changed the interface on the latest (416.xx) drivers and Cyberlink has/will only release updates for PD15 and above, you should download and install the final version of the drivers (411.70) that PD12 will still work with.

In my experience, it's always better to choose a Custom Installation and uncheck everything except the video driver itself, unless you know for sure you need the other items for gaming or 3D.

See if you can create a disc with the new driver installed. You may also want to try using the Produce feature to give you a video you can play in Windows. Producing is a couple of steps less complicated, and would rule out any problems there and let us focus on the Create Disc section.

There's at least one more step you can try if the video driver doesn't help, but let's see how that goes first.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
Quote ... The device came with PowerDirector DE 12 (version 12.0.4502.0 is installed) ...

your PD12 is a neutered version and you can not update to build 4210. only way to get a update is through VC500 manufacturer.
so it's iffy on compatible with windows x os.

looking at your C:\ drive you don't have a lot of space. PD12 needs at least 100GB free space for virtual memory; however, you got a lot of RAM... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1