Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PD16 read MV4 from an iPhone? Can PD 17?
Marshallqs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2016 15:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Can PD16 (or PD17) read MV4 files from a friend's iphone?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
If you'd like to provide a sample of the video that we can download and test, we'll be glad to give it a try.
Marshallqs [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's a 2 gig file. I can't split it, becasue PD16 can't read it. That's the problem.

The file is a video that someone made on their phone in church. They gave me the file to edit, becasue I normally do that with files from a different iPhone that records in a MOV format.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Simply upload it to OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox, etc. and post the link here.

Worst case is you'll have to convert the file to another format, but we won't know until we can test the clip.

In addition, can you also download the free MediaInfo app, then take a screen shot of the details and attach that? (Use the blue Attachments button below the text box when replying)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2018 13:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Marshallqs [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Simply upload it to OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox, etc. and post the link here.

Worst case is you'll have to convert the file to another format, but we won't know until we can test the clip.

In addition, can you also download the free MediaInfo app, then take a screen shot of the details and attach that? (Use the blue Attachments button below the text box when replying)

Here's a link to the file on a Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QnvnbF33-1AEq84456yDXHrpClLO2R6Y
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks very much for uploading the clip! I'm able to open, preview and edit the clip without any issues:

MediaInfo shows that it's using the QuickTime codec, so if PD can't open it on your system, you may not have QuickTime installed. Please go to this Apple page for the installer. If memory serves, you'll only need to install the "run-time libraries" and not the player or other features.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°