Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Production problem in PD12
jtardy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 06, 2018 19:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am a novice on PD12.

In edit, I have extracted a short clip from a longer one. When trying to produce the shorter clip (as an MP4) production starts a few seconds on (part way along the producing movie indicator. The produced length of the clip is shown the same as the original short clip, but the last few seconds are a single frame with no sound.
I have not had this problem before when following exactly the same steps.
Grateful for any help.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am a novice on PD12.

In edit, I have extracted a short clip from a longer one. When trying to produce the shorter clip (as an MP4) production starts a few seconds on (part way along the producing movie indicator. The produced length of the clip is shown the same as the original short clip, but the last few seconds are a single frame with no sound.
I have not had this problem before when following exactly the same steps.
Grateful for any help.

Not sure I understand completely what you are saying. However, if you want to produce an extract from a longer clip, try using the "produce range" facility.

Place the scrubber at the the place where you want the clip to begin and then using the right hand orange handle on the scrubber, drag the handle to the place where you want the new clip to finish.

Above the timeline you should see "Produce Range" click on it and you will be taken to the produce page. Then select the required settings and press start. When complete, the new clip will be placed back in the library.

Hopefully that will work for you

Robert
jtardy [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not sure I understand completely what you are saying. However, if you want to produce an extract from a longer clip, try using the "produce range" facility.

Place the scrubber at the the place where you want the clip to begin and then using the right hand orange handle on the scrubber, drag the handle to the place where you want the new clip to finish.

Above the timeline you should see "Produce Range" click on it and you will be taken to the produce page. Then select the required settings and press start. When complete, the new clip will be placed back in the library.

Hopefully that will work for you

Robert

Thank you so much for such a quick response.

I am sorry I was unclear, and will have another go at explaining the problem.

Say, I have a 3 minute clip. From this, I only want the middle minute. So I split the clip into 3 sections, and remove the first and third sections. So I am now left with the middle minute clip.

I then click the produce button. The middle minute clip shows up on the produce page. I select the settings and start to produce. The result is a minute long clip. But on playing it, the first 10 seconds of the clip are missing. It starts say 10 seconds in from the original clip. It still lasts 1 minute, but the last 10 seconds are a single frame with no audio.

This is a new problem. I have edited clips before in this way and they worked perfectly.

Hope this is clearer.

Sorry to be dim, but I do not know what the "scrubber" is!

And again thanks for your help.

Jim
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you so much for such a quick response.

I am sorry I was unclear, and will have another go at explaining the problem.

Say, I have a 3 minute clip. From this, I only want the middle minute. So I split the clip into 3 sections, and remove the first and third sections. So I am now left with the middle minute clip.

I then click the produce button. The middle minute clip shows up on the produce page. I select the settings and start to produce. The result is a minute long clip. But on playing it, the first 10 seconds of the clip are missing. It starts say 10 seconds in from the original clip. It still lasts 1 minute, but the last 10 seconds are a single frame with no audio.

This is a new problem. I have edited clips before in this way and they worked perfectly.

Hope this is clearer.

Sorry to be dim, but I do not know what the "scrubber" is!

And again thanks for your help.

Jim

Hi Jim
I still think the above suggestion will work for you.
The scrubber is the needle-like thing that moves along the timeline when you play clip. It has an orange grab handle at the top
on both sides. There is no need to split the clip,just place the scrubber at the point you want to make the cut and then grab the right hand orange handle to the end of the.new clip and do as explained above

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2018 10:26

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Jim,

When you remove the first section do you do it such that the clip you want to produce is moved to the start of the timeline? If not that might be worth trying. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
jtardy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jim,

When you remove the first section do you do it such that the clip you want to produce is moved to the start of the timeline? If not that might be worth trying.

Thanks for your interest.

I do indeed move the wanted clip to the start of the timeline.

I think the problem is on the production page rather than with the editing., After pressing start production, the blue progress line starts part way along the progress bar, as if it slides over the first part of the clip.

Thanks very much.
Jim