Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video taking too long to produce
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video thats just under an hour and a half long that im trying to produce in Powerdirector. After i finish editing it and i go to start producing it, it says that its going to take 12-13 hours. To me, that seems like a really long time, too long. I used a video preset and the Video Denoise feature. In the produce section, i even have Fast Rendering checked, but it still is going to take that long to produce. I dont understand what would make it take so long to complete. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing producing to take this long? Is there a way i could possibly shorten the amount of time it says its going to take?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video thats just under an hour and a half long that im trying to produce in Powerdirector. After i finish editing it and i go to start producing it, it says that its going to take 12-13 hours. To me, that seems like a really long time, too long. I used a video preset and the Video Denoise feature. In the produce section, i even have Fast Rendering checked, but it still is going to take that long to produce. I dont understand what would make it take so long to complete. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing producing to take this long? Is there a way i could possibly shorten the amount of time it says its going to take?

Just for comparison, if I render a video of 1 hour in FullHD, it takes about 1 hour, with this PC of the signature, but some improvements can take a lot, Video Denoise takes 4x more,
Enchanced stabilizer as well.
I tested using the 2 together increased for about 12 hours.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2018 12:51

sdpnoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2015 18:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It also depends on what kinds of computer hardware you are using:

Processor
RAM
GPU Media Suite 16 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It would be helpful to know original format of the video, any alterations, fx, color, what format you are going to, and the general specs of your computer and graghics card before making a judgement on your rendering speed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT