Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For uploading to You Tube
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I produced/burned a 1 hour 9 minute video. When I uploaded it to You Tube, I ended-up with 5 separate videos versus one continuous video.
Is it possible for Cyberllink to produce a continuous video which is needed to upload to You Tube so I don't end-up with multiple videos/links for playback?
I searched this subject and two recommendations, for producing with or without IFO files, were given to me but I'd rather use PD than othersoft ware which would require additional actions.
If you need me to clarify what this is about, please let me know what you need.
Thanks Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I produced/burned a 1 hour 9 minute video. When I uploaded it to You Tube, I ended-up with 5 separate videos versus one continuous video.
Is it possible for Cyberllink to produce a continuous video which is needed to upload to You Tube so I don't end-up with multiple videos/links for playback?
I searched this subject and two recommendations, for producing with or without IFO files, were given to me but I'd rather use PD than othersoft ware which would require additional actions.
If you need me to clarify what this is about, please let me know what you need.
Thanks

Did you verify your account on youtube.When you verify your account you can upload longer videos. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
The longest video that I uploaded to youtube was 47 minutes and it was just one file. And I had no IFO.
An IFO is created when producing a DVD video. If you did that, that could be part of the problem. A DVD does not have a continous file, but it seperates the video into several .VOB files (I think, ech 1GB in size), which are MPEG2 video format files. If you upload them to youtube, you should get a seperate video clip for every .VOB.
Produce a file in mp4 format. Don't be so stingy with the bitrate. That leads to just only one file. If you load that file up to youtube you should get one clip.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The longest video that I uploaded to youtube was 47 minutes and it was just one file. And I had no IFO.
An IFO is created when producing a DVD video. If you did that, that could be part of the problem. A DVD does not have a continous file, but it seperates the video into several .VOB files (I think, ech 1GB in size), which are MPEG2 video format files. If you upload them to youtube, you should get a seperate video clip for every .VOB.
Produce a file in mp4 format. Don't be so stingy with the bitrate. That leads to just only one file. If you load that file up to youtube you should get one clip.

Hatti

Thank you Hatti for your response.
The video I had did not have IFO files (Ilost/deleted them somwhere in the past 2 years) as it was already on disc and I copied/pasted to my video folder for easier import to PD.
Once imported, I produced and burned the video to disc (MPEG2) and made a file copy. It was the file copy that I uploaded to YT and, yes, it had 5 separate VOB files.
As for producing in MP4 format, I don't see that option in PD (see atch). Are you suggesting after producing in PD go to a file converter program and convert to MP4? I'm not too keen with that as I have found two programs that will combine all clips into one continuous video - one that needs IFO files and one that will convert VOB to MPG. I'd rather use PD but if PD can't produce in MPG4 (and P2G won't convert), I guess I'll just have to go with the new software.
Have a great day.
[Thumb - cyberlink options.PNG]
 Filename
cyberlink options.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
As for producing in MP4 format, I don't see that option in PD (see atch). ... Have a great day.

if you scroll down the XAVC-S or H.264 AVC, then you can choose the .MP4 container.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

if you scroll down the XAVC-S or H.264 AVC, then you can choose the .MP4 container.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks PepsiMan.
Ah so. Had no idea that it would be hidden there.
I will give it a try next time and update this.
I really appreciate your help. Have a good rest of the week. Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks PepsiMan.
Ah so. Had no idea that it would be hidden there.
I will give it a try next time and update this.
I really appreciate your help. Have a good rest of the week.

Hate to continue this subject, but here's my update.
I opened a new project (much shorter) to try your suggestions. The clips were about 47 minutes long.
After normalizing the audio, I added transitions and a title at the beginning and end.
The I went to produce, selected H.264 AVC (see 1st atch). After production I selected DVD, no menus, and burn.
Then I went to burn and guess what? No more MPG4. See atch 2.
Should I have used XAVC-S?
Next, I tried H.265 HEVC (see atch 3). It came out in MPG4 but still is not one continuous video. What I see when I open the video is all the BUP and IFO files and four (4) separate videos.
Am I missing something? Really would like to clear this up so I can continue to use PD to produce videos for upload to You Tube. If it isn't possible, no problem. I just opened the same video in another program and it combined all 4 videos into 1 continuous 47 minute video.
Ideas?
[Thumb - pd settings 3.PNG]
 Filename
pd settings 3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - pd settings 2.PNG]
 Filename
pd settings 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - pd settings 1.PNG]
 Filename
pd settings 1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Jack
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
k.
now i am going to what Hatti said.
just produce in MP4 container and upload a single file.

if you're uploading a DvD videos then yes, they're in 1GB increments to total 4.6GB, normal single sided DvD can hold, hence you have four(4) seperate videos.
if it's less than total of 3GB then you'll have eother 2-3 seperate videos to total 3GB.

go ahead and just produce the videos to your preferred container and upload.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I think, you do not exactly know, whats going on. So a little and not completed explanation.
What you see as a video clip, is no video. What you see is 24 full pictures per second. In full HD (1920x1080 pixels), that is over 2MB per picture, so that is over 48MB per second to show. Nowadays no problem. But computers were not as fast as today in former times and 48MB per second was not possible. And the TV sets in that time were not able to show that big picture. So:

1. The pictures were not so big.

2. The pictures had to be compressed.

So many standards were invented since then:
Compression in MPEG2, in H.264, in H.265, VP9 and many, many more.
The compressed pictures had to be packed as a video stream in a container, which contains the video stream and one or even more audio streams.
There were many containers for that purpose:
VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV and many more.
The container VOB was defined and used for Video DVD. The defined standard is: Only 720x480 pixels (NTSC) and more than one audio stream (for the different languages) and subtitles. Because of organizing, the VOB is just 1GB in size. When it was invented, 1GB was very huge. For combining them in a player, the player must know, which VOB belongs to what it has to play (menu, video, bonus material, all that was a VOB). That information was written in a file with the extension IFO. So the player read the IFO file and knew, what it has to play.
Nowadays, DVD is not dead, but not the recommended format. After the DVD-format came HD. It is 1280x720 pixels or even 1920x1080 pixels (FullHD). As a data disc for that really big pictures in good quality, the BlueRay was invented. A single sided BlueRay can hold 25GB of Data. But not in a VOB container. The container for BlueRay is a M2TS container. And the BlueRay standard allowed a newer compression for the pictures: H.264. Better quality with lower file size. But there was no need to use a disc as storage, the harddisks of the computers became bigger and cheaper, so a new container format was invented for the H.264 encoded video stream: MP4. That container was defined for 1 video stream and 1 audio stream. And there was no need to slice the video stream into pieces. The video was hold in just one file. That file can be 100GB or more in size. Just one file. A more sophisticated container for H.264 compressed video was MKV (Matroska). MKV can hold one video stream and more than one audio streams. Also in just one big file. Some camcorders have SDCards, that have an older format. Files cannot be bigger than 4GB. So the files are sliced in 4GB pieces. PowerDirector can of course join those pieces to a big file.
Today, the resolution is ready for 4K (UltraHD): 3840x2160 pixels ( double width and double hights of FullHD). Even more data for one picture. But H.264 can still compress it good. But even better is a newer compression: H.265. That makes the files smaller with the same quality as H.264.
Youtube takes a video clip in upload and compresses it in H.264, I think, maybe in H.265. No matter what you do, youtube does convert your uploaded video. But it must be one file. Youtube does not combine video clips.

So, as a conclusion:
Have a look, what resolution your source footage has.
Produce your video clips as H.264(AVC) or H.265(HEVC) in a MP4 container. As I said, don't be so stingy with the bitrate, the bitrate makes the quality. For producing, choose a resolution which is not bigger than your source footage. It is not meaningful to have a FullHD source footage and produce it to 3840x2160. But if you have 4K footage, it can be produced as 1920x1080 very nicely.
What you get is a more or less big file with the extension MP4. That is your ready video clip. You do not need to make a DVD video out of it. Upload the MP4 to youtube and you will get the desired result. BUT: MP4 or MKV or any other container contains only video and audio. There is no menu. That is not possible. So Youtube videos do not have a menu. Never.

Hatti

I hope, that was not to didactic. Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080