Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
peculiar noise when using TrueTheater audio enhancements
McGee57 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2018 05:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I've tryed googling this issue and have searched these forum entries without success so here goes....
To preface this, I keep my copy of PowerDVD 17, Windows 10 and assorted drivers current.

I'm experiencing audio anomolies in the form of a bright crackling noise when certain portions of movie audio is presented. Based upon my experience, I'd say that it occurs only when very low frequency information (sub-woofer) is fed through my headphones. This happens particularily when the soundtrack is "DTS" and not so much when the soundtrack is "Dolby". Also, this noise doesn't occur when I have the audio headphone settings set to default (i.e., standard stereo). Any advice? I've included the latest dxdiag file for reference. Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
432 time(s)