CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD17 no longer playing Blu-rays
Reply to this topic
Kirknelson [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 03, 2013 08:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just moved to a new apartment and now when I try to play a movie it says that my set up does not support HDCP and gives an error code = 0110.

I have not altered anything in my set-up which was working fine just a few months ago.

I'm connecting to an LG TV via HDMI.

I tried updating my video card drivers, checked updates to windows, etc. but the issue persists.

The error suggest running BD advisor. I did and it's all green.

I've tried several different discs as well.

The only thing I can think of is that PDVD17 automatically applied an update which has screwed things up.

Any ideas on how to fix?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 922 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Have you updated v. 17 to the latest version? It is required continually to play the latest BDs. It does not do silent updates like you inferred:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

David
Kirknelson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.

Downloaded and installed the latest update (Build 2820). No change, I get the same error.

This error occurs on new discs and discs that are several years old.

I should also say that I tried re-installing PDVD17 to no avail.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2018 05:30

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 922 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Since you now have the latest PowerDVD version, it is more than likely an issue with your PC. Windows 10 is really making a mess of BD playback. For example, I was able to play a disc two weeks ago, and not this week. My friend could play the exact same disc with the same version of PowerDVD. Turns out, it was something to do with my audio drivers. After disabling them, and getting a newer driver, it works again.

Makes no sense to me, but that is Windows for you. I never touched my audio drivers in the last two weeks.

Your error is different and seems like it is your GPU. You said you updated the driver, but did you get it from the manufacturer's web site, or just via Windows? I checked that on my PC, and NVIDIA had a new driver from 3 days ago, and Windows was telling me that my driver was the latest, but it was from March..............................

So check and let us know. If it doesn't work, attached your DXDiag.txt file.

David

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2018 23:24

Kirknelson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the haitus, I got busy with things at work.

I downloaded the latest drivers from Radeon. They just released a new update over the weekend so I'm now running on 18.8.1.

No change, dxdiag run in both 32-bit and 64-but attached.

Only issues reported are 64-bit drivers not being digitally signed by WHQL.

Thanks.
 Filename
64bit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
95 time(s)
 Filename
32bit.txt
[Disk]