CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Locate downloaded particle.
Reply to this topic
carl0723 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: gumboro delaware Joined: Jul 31, 2018 20:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
HI

I just started using Power Director and have encountered a problem. After downloading particles, a dialog box appears stating that the item was successfully installed in the program. However, when I go to the Particle room and look in the download areaa, the particle is not present. I went ton C:\users\cybedlink and clicked on downbloaded effects. The downloaded particles are in a folder labelled pip001 pip002 etc. How do I bring them into the Particle room. Any help nwould be appreciated'

Thanks

Carl
[Post New]
Hello carl0723,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum laughing

The most likely cause is that the aspect ratio of the particle template doesn't match the aspect ratio of your project. e.g. if it's a 4:3 template, it will only show up in a 4:3 project. It's the same with 16:9 templates.

Try switching your project aspect ratio from one to the other, and you'll probably locate the template you downloaded.

If that's not the issue, could you please post the link to one of the particle templates in question.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic