Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
uninstalling PowerDirector 9 problems
C.DeMille [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2012 22:34 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, maybe this is a better forum to ask this question. I just bought PD 16 and am trying to uninstall PowerDirector 9, I keep getting this message along with repeated windows opening asking this question over and over again. "cyberlink powerdirector has been detected in your system. Please uninstall first. Do you want to uninstall cyberlink power director? " I would like to get this old version off the computer before I attempt to install PD 16 Any help would be appreciated. For some reason this program has been unresponsive on my pc for years and have not been able to open it. and had quit using it. I noticed there is a cyberlink cleaner for various programs but don't see one for this one !?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
See your other topic where this has been answered. REVO .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I do not remember well, I think the PD16 itself uninstalls the previous version.
If you do not need to uninstall manually, if you do not do it through the control panel, you can try software that removes traces of programs like this that I use Glary Utilities 5
Must post in forum PD16 should have more help
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/164.page
And also ask for help to the official Cyberlink support
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You never stated which win os is on the pc now and which win os was on their previously. If this is a PD9 retail version that is on the pc then all you have to do is to install it again. That would fix it and then you will be able to uninstall it after a reboot if you wish. If this is an oem version then use the restore disc or restore partition on the pc put it back in the original to the previous factory install and then use the windows to uninstall PD9.

There really is no reason I could think of to uninstall PD9 as it can co-exist with PD16 on the same pc. The full version of PD16 allows it while the Upgrade version require the previous to be removed. You save no money buying the upgrade version instead of the full version and it will cause you problems years later when you have to reinstall it for any reason as you require PD9 to be installed again or have the original license key for it.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2012 22:34 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You never stated which win os is on the pc now and which win os was on their previously. If this is a PD9 retail version that is on the pc then all you have to do is to install it again. That would fix it and then you will be able to uninstall it after a reboot if you wish. If this is an oem version then use the restore disc or restore partition on the pc put it back in the original to the previous factory install and then use the windows to uninstall PD9.

There really is no reason I could think of to uninstall PD9 as it can co-exist with PD16 on the same pc. The full version of PD16 allows it while the Upgrade version require the previous to be removed. You save no money buying the upgrade version instead of the full version and it will cause you problems years later when you have to reinstall it for any reason as you require PD9 to be installed again or have the original license key for it.

thanks so much for your time tomasc, I went ahead on your advice and installed my new PD 16 with no apparent problems, thanks again ! PD 9 is still lingering around on my hard drive I suppose :