Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Asus M/B doesn't support Intel SGX
catonic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2018 03:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am using PowerDVD 17 and it plays blu-rays ok but not 4k blu-rays. It seems that my Asus maximus viii ranger motherboard does not support SGX and that is the error message I get when I try to play the 4k disc and when I try to install SGX.
Can anything be done about this?
Thanks.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You can see this link for detailed information on what hardware is supported.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19860

It says the only Asus motherboards that support UHD BD are:

Asus Prime Z270-A (4K but no HDR support)
Asus Z270-WS

So it seems like your assessment that it doesn't support SGX might be correct, which is required for UHD BD playback.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20. 2018 03:41

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I am using PowerDVD 17 and it plays blu-rays ok but not 4k blu-rays. It seems that my Asus maximus viii ranger motherboard does not support SGX and that is the error message I get when I try to play the 4k disc and when I try to install SGX.
Can anything be done about this?
Thanks.

The Intel SGX feature requires the motherboard (BIOS), CPU, and OS supports.
If the motherboard does not support the feature natively, it cannot be enabled by soft ways (e.g. software update or custom configuration in Windows.)

Find another certified motherboard for the playback.
catonic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2018 03:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, thanks.