Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
White image background shows and prints yellowed
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
PhotoDirector8, when exporting image, white image background shows and prints yellowed by windows, Ctrl + P
Original image, shows and prints normal, after Exporting by PhD. Even without making any changes I have this problem, JPG images downloaded from the web
Thank you, who can help
[Thumb - PhD8.jpg]
 Filename
PhD8.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
170 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have PhotoDirector versions higher than 8 and lower than 8. Downloaded clipart in jpg format. Imported it to PhD. Exported it. Opened it with win live photo gallery. Ctrl-P to open the Canon printer driver and see no differences. Opened earlier version 7. Imported same, exported as with a Default and a different profile. Opened each with win live photo gallery. Ctrl-P on each and see no yellow in the whites of jpg. This tells me that you should set the export profile first. I did not print the pictures but the printer driver does not show the whites to be yellow. The Canon printer driver may be different than the Epson one that you have.

If the exported jpg image printed yellow then did your printer driver show the white to be yellow before you printed it?? Let us know. See the attachment.
[Thumb - Canon_orig_PHDex.jpg]
 Filename
Canon_orig_PHDex.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Canon printer driver show exported images not yellowed.
 Filesize
474 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 16. 2018 13:59

[Post New]
Hello AVPlayVideo,

I am unable to replicate your issue, following a similar procedure to Tomas. Download > Import to PhD8 > Export at 100% quality > Open in other software or print from Windows.

The background of the attached image is pure white (255, 255, 255). Please use it to replicate your previous steps & report the outcome.

Have you tried printing directly from PhD8? (see attached)

PIX
[Thumb - PhD8_Print.jpg]
 Filename
PhD8_Print.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
323 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Moana_promo_2.jpg]
 Filename
Moana_promo_2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasc and PIX, Thanks for checking.
I'm not sure it's PhD8, the fact is that after exporting, something does not work as it should.
I downloaded the image moana, I opened in PhD I saved this normal, so I did split in the middle that was where I realized this problem here, again it turned yellow.
Attached image that shows the image in the viewer and turns yellow when it is going to print, also the ½ photo that turns yellow here.
I have already solved yellowed image problem by doing calibration and or changing the ICC profile, chosen sRGB IEC61966-2.1
This time I can not solve it, it's not life or death, it's not with all the photos, and with Photoshop it's okay.
Curious I have never used PhD to print, now I have advanced to the Print room and white image seems to lack something.
I checked in Word 2016 all right.
[Thumb - test.jpg]
 Filename
test.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
149 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - Moana_promo_2-1.jpg]
 Filename
Moana_promo_2-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2018 10:41

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
[Post New]
I'm afraid I can offer no explanation for the yellowing you're seeing.

Whether I export from PhD, Ps, or any other software I've tried, the background is white. This is confirmed by JPEG Snoop which detected the brightest pixel in each case to be RGB=[255,255,255].

When you print directly from PhD8, at what point does the background appear yellow? In the print preview? Does it print correctly?

As well as the calibration you've done I'd suggest reinstalling your printer drivers, in case that's a factor.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
PIX, Thank you for your suggestions
Now I printed with PhD, it's easy with no problem in color.
So I'm considering the problem and with Print Ctrl + P from Windows.
As of today I will use PhD for print's as well. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4