Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving videos power director in order to upload to social platforms
lqhq [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2018 23:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi i have power director 12 that was built into the windows ten pc i purchased as new,i want to upgrade BUT before shelling out cash on upgrading why is it i can not save files as MOV files or upload them to social media ? i produce music professionally i am a certified istock photographer and i run a creative filming business BUT it is easy to use power director for quick jobs however iam unable to upload videos i edit to facebook,twitter or youtube because i cannot save them as MOV files and there are no other options where files go to what am i doing wrong ? or is it a case i need to upgrade ,if i did upgradse would i have options to save and share files ?
i first produced the clip i want to share in mpeg4 which started to upload to twitter but then twitter said that there wasnt any recognised authorization or codes or similar to that,i do have a imovie and a whole host of other editing suites but i actually prefere the inrerface and ease of power director all except saving and sharing what i make .please note i own all videos and audio iam refering to can anyone help me please ?thankyou

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2018 05:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have never heard of FaceBook and YouTube requiring .mov files to be uploaded. See this article : https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en . The same goes for FaceBook if you google the requirements for size and container requirements.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know the MP4 format (P) is the most accepted.
And recommended by Youtube.
Facebook and WatsZap will limit the size to maximum HD, this for ordinary users.
You should consider that even if you send a video with a lot of quality, it can be reduced, I think to take up less storage space.
I produce video in MP4, then I send directly, I do not use the options that PD offers, even in PD16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2018 08:51

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
lqhq [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2018 23:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hi thanks ,i managed to upload to you tube then share to respective pages,however the video once uploaded to youtube needed further re edits as it played upside down and even when i flipped it it was in mirror reverse ? i need the MOV files because i supply photos to istock getty images but wanted to also start videos with them but they only accept MOV ,
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hi thanks ,i managed to upload to you tube then share to respective pages,however the video once uploaded to youtube needed further re edits as it played upside down and even when i flipped it it was in mirror reverse ? i need the MOV files because i supply photos to istock getty images but wanted to also start videos with them but they only accept MOV ,

PD12 makes .MOV files in Produce QuickTime option if I remember.
In PD16 this option was removed.
I took a look at Using iStock files
Standards (HD and SD) - File formats (MOV, MP4)
https://www.istockphoto.com/us/faq/using-files#video-clips

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 07. 2018 09:56

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD12 does produce .mov files but not in the oem version that you have. You can rotate any video by dragging the circle in the preview screen. Flip is the wrong thing to use as it makes a mirror image of the original. Installing Apple software QuickTime to work with .mov files is a security threat to any Windows pc.