Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 can't import whole folder trees?
wkearney99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2018 19:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm looking for something to replace Picasa on Windows. I've got a ton of pictures on a network share. PD9 doesn't seem to want to import a folder tree. \\share\folder and there are hundreds of subfolders with pictures in them. The root folder, however, has no pictures. Can PD9 import this way?

This also applies to folders under //share/folder/some/other/folder where it might have more child folders but have no pictures in the last part of the selected path.

I've tried with the 'Include subfolders' box checked, and it makes no difference.

What gives?
[Post New]
Hello wkearney99,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Ignoring the network drive part of the equation, PhD has no issues importing a folder tree, with or without photo in the parent folder.

I just imported a 6.6GB folder from a drive on my PC. It contains 28 sub-folders, most of which contain other sub-folders, with a total of 5413 photos. The parent folder contains no "loose" images.

Perhaps it's an issue with the network drive stucture (???).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
FazzaGBR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2015 11:09 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue with importing pictures from a network share.

I've dont it before on my old laptop so no idea why it's not working now! I've got thousands of photos going back to 2003 but despite ticking the box to scan subfolders it's simply not working

**EDIT**

I've just mapped the network share to a drive letter and it's now importing OK - must be an issue with recognising UNC shares.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2018 04:15

[Post New]
Thank you, FazzaGBR, for that information

Perhaps it will assist others having similar issues importing from network drives.

PIX PIX YouTube channel