CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
issues with cropping out image from a video
Reply to this topic
psx2k1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 25, 2014 00:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to put together a funny video using different characters from popular animated films.

I just started the process, and I discovered that the more movement the characters does, the harder it is to crop out the image. For example, I selected a scene from zootopia. I have uploaded the video.

If you can view the video, noticed how the outline is not perfected and included part of the background. I am having trouble fixing this.

Can anyone recommend ways to make cropping out faster and easier? is there a setting on the program that can make it easier for the program to detect the motion of the intended image?

Or, is there a special stylus that I can use that can help me? I have seen videos where they use a stylus, I was wondering if this would be possible. I have an HP envy 360 touchscreen laptop that I can use for this...

your suggestions and ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Filename
fox math problem with green screen.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
this is the video that I am having a hard time cropping out
 Filesize
687 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
96 time(s)
Reply
[Post New]
I don't know a better way. It is unfortunately known, that the movie tracker is not the best... All you can do is correcting the tracker manually, whenever it leaves the outline.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Reply
[Post New]
Hello psx2k1,

As Hatti suggests, it it possible to correct errors made by the motion tracking.

Agreed, you'd think there wouldn't be too much difficulty tracking an animation with strong contrasting colours, but CDR can quite easily lose its way.

I used (I think) the same scene from Zootopia, and had similar troubles to those you described. At various points, different parts of the fox's head were "left out". At one point the white of his eye, at another his left ear.

By playing forward & stepping frame by frame, correcting the mask & retracking from that point, I was able to get a reasonably accurate mask applied for the sequence. Please see the attached screenshots.

To do this any other way would require frame by frame masking, using a selection mask. surprised

PIX
 Filename
CDR_Tracking2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
695 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
CDR_Tracking3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
706 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
CDR_Tracking1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
668 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply
Reply to this topic
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team