sharpie [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 30, 2018 22:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I want to create the following DVD-Video (DVD 9) disc:

• 4 individual 40-minute video clips

• 1 chapter per 1 video clip

• DVD region All

• play the selected title/chapter only

• when playing a chapter/title, press next will go to the next chapter (if not the very last one), press previous will go to the previous chapter (if not the very first one)

• one single menu that contains all 4 video clips/chapters for the user to select to play

• no "play all", no "resume" on the menu

Please advise in details (steps) on how to create this DVD9 disc. Which product should I use?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2018 23:00

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4535 Offline
[Post New]
Check the version of the media suite that you have. If you have PowerDirector 13 or later then everything can be accomplished with what you have stated.

In the create disc module, first choose a menu in the Menu Preferences tab and uncheck Include root menu and uncheck Include menu opening video. In the Content tab import the 4 individual video clips in order separately and rename each to what you want. In the 2D tab choose DVD, 8.5 GB, SmartFit, Dolby Digital audio.

Hit the Playback mode button on the bottom right and choose to play the selected title only. See all the available options here and click OK. Preview.

Click the Burn in 2D button and follow instructions. That should do it.
sharpie [Avatar]
[Post New]
The followings are still not achievable:

• DVD Region All

• chapters

I am using PowerDirector 15. Please help.

I would also like to create a customizable menu. Is there any product that can do all of these?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2018 04:50

stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4626 Offline
[Post New]
Even though you are using DVD 9 (doule layer), I doubt that you can put that much video (160 minutes) plus the navigation on the disc without downgrading the quality of the video. Perhaps to the extent that the video would be unwatchable.

Also, concerning region free, your post sounds like you are well versed in making DVD but perhaps this Wikipedia article will jog your memory. Forgive me if this is too basic for you.

Have you considered Blu Ray or even thumb drive(without a fancy menu)? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
sharpie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Check the version of the media suite that you have. If you have PowerDirector 13 or later then everything can be accomplished with what you have stated.

In the create disc module, first choose a menu in the Menu Preferences tab and uncheck Include root menu and uncheck Include menu opening video. In the Content tab import the 4 individual video clips in order separately and rename each to what you want. In the 2D tab choose DVD, 8.5 GB, SmartFit, Dolby Digital audio.

Hit the Playback mode button on the bottom right and choose to play the selected title only. See all the available options here and click OK. Preview.

Click the Burn in 2D button and follow instructions. That should do it.

Do you have any idea to make all my criteria work? Thanks in advance.
Reply to this topic