Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to rotate cell phone video 90 degrees
Bearman60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2018 00:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I took a bunch of videos on my cell but i held the phone sideways. now all my videos need to be rotated 90 degrees to the left. I was able to rotate them in power media player but wasn't able to save them.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I took a bunch of videos on my cell but i held the phone sideways. now all my videos need to be rotated 90 degrees to the left. I was able to rotate them in power media player but wasn't able to save them.

If you place your video clips on the timeline, highlight them, and select "Tools", and then select "Power Tools", you will see an option to rotate video. Tick the rotate option, and type 90 in the small box. Or you can just click on the rotate 90 option next to the box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2018 10:42

Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I took a bunch of videos on my cell but i held the phone sideways. now all my videos need to be rotated 90 degrees to the left. I was able to rotate them in power media player but wasn't able to save them.

If you place your video clips on the timeline, highlight them, and select "Tools", and then select "Power Tools", you will see an option to rotate video. Tick the rotate option, and type 90 in the small box. Or you can just click on the rotate 90 option next to the box.

Thanks. I have the same problem as the OP.

This does not really solve the problem for me, though, as it results in black bars on the side for the video I rotated. This will mean a loss of quality when producing.

I have vertical videos shot in 3:4 format with my Panasonic DMC-GX85.
And others shot in 10:18.9 format with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 .

The clip from my DMC-GX85 is not recognized as vertical by PowerDirector. It shows with the wrong angle.

How can I set the PowerDirector project's aspect ratio / resolution to either of these formats ?

I believe PowerDirector supports 9:16 format at least, but I couldn't figure out how to even set that.
Never mind, found aspect ratio icon at the top. Looks like 9:16 is the only vertical format supported

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2018 21:25