Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can YouTube only play 360p and 720p?
FrancescoRosa [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Avigliano Joined: Mar 26, 2018 04:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased a Samsung Blu-Ray external burner with which there is the PowerDVD installation disc. I had installed te K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, WMPTagPlus, WMPCDText e Windows Media Player Plus!, to make my good old Windows Media Player fully functional with every audio/video files. I admired the SRS Wow sound and I never loved the desperate VLC. I try PowerDVD and I remain impressied! I try YouTube with videos in 144p/240p/360p and I'm impressed! The problem arises on videos in 480p! There is only the option of 360p and it seems to me a joke downscaling a video from 480p to 360p and then it bring it in 720p with TrueThaeter Enhancer! Is it an API problem, or something went wrong in the installation?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2018 05:26

Francesco Rosa
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I noticed that too that not all the original YouTube resolutions are available sometimes. Though, why in this day and age would you be worried about 480p, when better resolutions are available? Personal choice I guess.

Anyway...can you share which YouTube video you were trying and only received 360p and 720p?

Dave