Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i cannot register my new purchased PowerDirector16
amaliag1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2014 05:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

recently i upgraded to PowerDirector v16 ( i used 12 before ).
Now i got this KEY to register my product, but the problem is that when i open the SW i get the message about
expiration of the trial version.
So when i type it the KEY that i was given, it shows like it is trying to connect to Cyberlink servers to register, but eventually come up with the below error:

'Cyberlink powerdirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and try again....;'

i tried everything i can - i went online to my account on Cyberlink and i see that my new product is listed as version 16 with the new key, but on my computer i cannot get it to work! it won't load at all now that trial version is exired ....

Please help?!!??

Amaliag1
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
amaliag 1:

You cannot register the trial version of PD16, or any trial version of PD, for that matter.

You need to uninstall the trial version, and then download the installation files for the upgraded version of PD16. You should have been sent an email with the download links.

If the download links have expired, then contact Cyberlink Technical Support and have proof of purchase ready so that they can ascertain that you have paid for the product.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
amaliag1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply..
I did purchase the SW, and also downloaded the SW from the links i received after purchase.
But this copy they gave me is valid for 30 days till i manage to register the key i was given.
and at that point it does not work for me...

Problem is that support answer take time... and i am in the need for this SW sooner...

Amalia.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Zhis is often a result, if InternetExplorer was deinstalled.
It is not needed, because Windows 10 has Edge and we all use Firefox or Chrome.
But Internet Explorer is internally needed, so for PowerDirector.
Please check, if InternetExplorer is installed and/or activated. If not, do so and try again.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

recently i upgraded to PowerDirector v16 ( i used 12 before ).
Now i got this KEY to register my product, but the problem is that when i open the SW i get the message about
expiration of the trial version.
So when i type it the KEY that i was given, it shows like it is trying to connect to Cyberlink servers to register, but eventually come up with the below error:

'Cyberlink powerdirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and try again....;'

i tried everything i can - i went online to my account on Cyberlink and i see that my new product is listed as version 16 with the new key, but on my computer i cannot get it to work! it won't load at all now that trial version is exired ....

Please help?!!??

Amaliag1

In my understanding PD16 purchased is not trial version (does not expire)
I think a previous PD cleaning, all that is possible, can solve.
In case of update PD16, it is necessary to reinstall PD12, it does not need material packages.
Then install PD16 and its material packages.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2018 12:09

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
amaliag1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well... IE is installed on this PC...and i did install the official ( non trial ) version of PowerDirector i received by links.
I don't understand why it even won't start now.. that it says 'Zero' days left for this SW..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2018 04:45

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You might find some assistance in this thread
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#post_box_289918

in particular this post
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#post_box_297949

but please heed the warnings of modifying the registry, it can cause serious issues if you get it wrong!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do