CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot activate Powerbackup
Reply to this topic
harq1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2018 03:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently installed powerbackup 2.5 after rebuilding my computer, and i cannot activate it. The activate buttons are greyed out. I downloaded the 2.6 upgrade and tried to run it, but it says it cannot upgrade a trial version. Can someone please help?
 Filename
activate greyed out 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
activate greyed out1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2018 04:50

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am pretty sure the fact that you are within the program and the Activate button is greyed out, are signs that the program has already been activated.

Can you open the program and then click on the PowerBackup logo in the top right corner? Take a screenshot of the About CyberLink PowerBackup window and then attach as well.

Also, you mentioned a trial version message. Take a screenshot of that too and the steps on how you get that.

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2018 22:14

harq1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2018 03:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply.

I got frustrated and purchased 2.6 Powerbackup. Now when i try to remove PB2.5 it gives me the error "Installshield Engine (iKernel.exe ) could not be launched. No Such interface supported." Any ideas on that one? I used the standard windows 10 control panel, Programs and features, uninstall method to attempt removal. Also when you click "OK" button , it says Install wizard complete, which is very much not true. The program remains installed completely.
 Filename
Cannot uninstall 2.5.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2018 02:33

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm a little confused now on what's going on. Best to just contact CyberLink Customer Service now:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Sounds like you might need to use a registry cleaner tool or something.

David
Reply to this topic