where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Main Window not resizable and other oddities
Reply to this topic
LeCanadien [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 11, 2018 14:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Power Producer 6 Experts,

I am testing the mentioned product and I find it a bit odd for few reasons that I would like to share here.

1. The main window cannot be maximized! Why not? This is very odd and incredibly rare. How come a Movie Production Software cannot make use of the entire screen? This is an essential aspect of an authoring softare. What is the reason behind it?

2. Although this software is for DVD (or media) authoring only, it should include a bit more movie editing capabilities. It has a very basic AB Cut, Merge and Split functionality, but this is extremely basic. It would be nice to have more capability.

3. The import of media files, specially movie clips, is very odd. When a clip is imorted, nothing is displayed! It is imported successfully, but it would be nice to show the clip that was imported. Why is this feature a bit lame? It is a very important aspect of the workflow and yet there is no clue, at least visually, when the import was done.

4. Editing each chapter title is extremely slow and not user-friendly. The odd thing here is that each movie clip appears one by one only OR only one clip is displayed! Why not add a story board to show all the movie clips? I know PowerDirector does that, but since PowerProducer is to create a final media, it should be easy to view the entire movie project.

5. A current project I have consists of 13 chapters and most of them have a fade in and fade out effect that I added for several reasons. The odd thing here is that PowerProducer 6 inserts one second of delay (or so) between each clip totalling almost two (2) seconds of black screen between clips. This is really, really annoying!!! Why do you guys do that? I would like to be able to overlap clips in my final project, but PowerProducer 6 is completely unable to do that and the final DVD looks really annoying.....

6. I could go on and on, but for now, these are some of the annoying things I have seen in PowerProducer 6.

Would this be because I am using a trial version of this software? However, if this is not the case, why not showcase the true capabilities of your wonderful software?

I would like to hear the opinion from you experts soon.

Thank you kindly
LeCanadien ----
Processor: Intel Core i7 vPro
RAM: 8GB
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
>>The import of media files, specially movie clips, is very odd. When a clip is imorted, nothing is displayed! It is imported successfully, but it would be nice to show the clip that was imported. Why is this feature a bit lame? It is a very important aspect of the workflow and yet there is no clue, at least visually, when the import was done.

About this, I think you were using "text menu", which only display the representing text for the imported movie clip.
If you choose "thumbnail menu", you will see video thumbnail after import.
Reply to this topic