Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Director 5 chages are not being applied to video in PowerDirector 16 after upgrading from 15
Seamartin00 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2018 20:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I recently Upgraded from PD15 to PD16 but kept the older color director 5. They seem to work well together except in projects i made in PD15. The color grading shows up correctly when i view it in colordirector, but it is not being applied in PowerDirector. I have rendered the video before the update many times and everythign was fine and i'm a bit confused as to why this would not be working now. Any thoughts on how to get the color grading to show up as it should? ColorDirector retained all of my settings and adjustments, they just wont stick, and it will not render with them in place.
[Post New]
Hello SeanMartin00,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Unfortunately, using the round trip method between PDR & CDR, I cannot test the same scenario here. Because I have CDR6 installed, it opens by default.

There is no such issue using PDR16 & CDR6.

The first thing worth checking is that you have the latest 2524 patch installed for PDR16, and the 6301 patch for CDR5.

Until we're able to resolve your issue, it may be necessary to import your clips directly into CDR5, make any colour corrections & adjustments necessary, then produce to the same or smilar format & profile as your orignals. Now your corrected clips can be imported into PDR16 for editing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Seamartin00 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any new files work fine between 5 and 16, it's just the older files that were saved in 15 and reopened in 16. It's very odd. All the info was saved and shows up fine in color director, I just can't get it to apply. I wasn't sure if there was some settimg being applied that was cancelling out the color grading.
[Post New]
Oh I see. My apologies. I misunderstood your question.

So your issue only relates to projects previously created with PDR15 where you'd applied CDR adjustments. Is that correct? If so,, that certainly is a strange problem!

You open a PDR15 project in PDR16 with clips adjusted in CDR5 & the adjusted clips no longer show the adjustments?
If you send one of those clips to CDR, the adjustments are shown correctly? but when you go back to PDR16, they don't?

Could you post some screenshots to illustrate?

If you still have PDR15, you may need to use it for thosse projects. If not, you may need to produce the adjuted clips in CDR5 then import them back to your project.

I'll refer this issue to the team at CL, once I have some more specific data to share.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Seamartin00 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is the issue exactly on every point, very odd. And like I said, it only happens with project created in 15, works perfectly on all new projects. I will post some screen shots when I get home. Thanks for the help.