Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Extra blank space at end of video (Found a work around)
dandbassist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2018 20:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Until today I would produce a video and it would automatically end at the end of the last clip. The latest video I produced has over eight minutes of blank space after the end of the clips.

I can't seem to find anything in the manual or by using the search engine here. What do I do?

The next day:

I copied and pasted into a new project and it is now the correct length when produced. The only thing I can figure is that the final size of the video is much less than the orginal clips and for some reason there is all this blank video after the end. ???

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2018 12:35

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely you have something at the end of the 8 minutes. To find it Highlight the last clip. Click the Movie mode button, and then hit the End key on your keyboard. Expand the timeline ruler to see it. You may have to scroll to see it on the lower tracks. Delete that clip or sliver found at the slider.

You can try this on your original project.
dandbassist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2018 20:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote More than likely you have something at the end of the 8 minutes. To find it Highlight the last clip. Click the Movie mode button, and then hit the End key on your keyboard. Expand the timeline ruler to see it. You may have to scroll to see it on the lower tracks. Delete that clip or sliver found at the slider.

You can try this on your original project.

That was it. There was a tiny "sliver" of an audio file I had missed.
Thank you very much!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the quick feedback. Glad that you fixed the problem on the project.