Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Returning Pointer
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to PD15 and, whilst creating a new video from a load of smaller videos, I got frustrated with the vertical location pointer (red line) always returning to the beginning of the project.

I am currently at about the 25th video clip in the project and, immediately I have reviewed that clip, the vertical pointer shoots back to the beginning of the whole project.

Is there any way in which PD can be configured so that the pointer returnes only to the beginning of the most recently added video-clip, or simply halts at the end of it?

Thank you,

Ian
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same thing in PD16. Very annoying. In PD16 it is in "Preferences - Editing - Return to clip/movie beginning after preview". I unchecked it - ahhhhhhh, so good!
Maybe there is something similar in PD15?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Hatti,

Thank you for a very quick reply.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the same facility in PD15.

I have attached a screenshot.
All shown as selected in this have been tried in unselected, but makes no difference.

So, no "ahhhhh, so good" for me, unfortunately -- unless someone else knows something !!

Best regards,

Ian
[Thumb - capture_09022018_150706.jpg]
 Filename
capture_09022018_150706.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way in which PD can be configured so that the pointer returnes only to the beginning of the most recently added video-clip, or simply halts at the end of it?

Sure. Uncheck the box for Switch to movie mode automatically during playback shown in your screenshot and the pointer will return to the beginnining of that same clip instead of returning to the whole project.
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way in which PD can be configured so that the pointer returnes only to the beginning of the most recently added video-clip, or simply halts at the end of it?

Sure. Uncheck the box for Switch to movie mode automatically during playback shown in your screenshot and the pointer will return to the beginnining of that same clip instead of returning to the whole project.

Hi tomasc,

Well, I did as you suggested and (initially) found it made no difference.

However, as you will see from the screen-shots attached ----

Image 1 shows the default position I use for adding/editing video clips.
(Track 1 is for edited items) with (Track 2 for items undergoing editing).
In this configuration the pointer returms to the beginning of Track 1 after playing back the clip in Track 2)

However, when the clip for editing is placed into Track 1, the pointer does indeed only return to the beginning of that clip.

Now all I need is a way for it to operate on Track 2 instead of Track 1 -- any ideas please ????

Ian
[Thumb - PowerDirector_002.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector_002.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - PowerDirector_001.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector_001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
252 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is strange. See my screen capture attachment. The clip-on track 2 returns to the beginning of the clip after playing. Did you click Ok after making any changes in Preferences??
 Filename
Clip mode.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Clip on track 2 returns to itself at the beginning.
 Filesize
2107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is strange. See my screen capture attachment. The clip-on track 2 returns to the beginning of the clip after playing. Did you click Ok after making any changes in Preferences??

Hi tomasc,

I decided to close everything down and reboot my system and, as a result, I am pleased to say that the pointer is now behaving just as you said it should -- I've even dropped a clip into Track 3 and that works great too.

So, my thanks to you and Hatti for having come to my rescue.

I hope I may help you both at some time too.

Kind regards,

Ian