Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Restored computer
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I just restored my computer to factory settings.
Is there a way for me to re-install PD 16 which I assume was in a backup I did but can't find.
I looked in my account/purchases and it isn't there.
If not, I will get a disc.
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2018 15:26

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
It all depends on what you did when you restored to the factory defaults. Different manufacturers have different procedures. The second variable is whether or not you used a downloaded version of PowerDirector or not. Did you need to restore other application programs (like Word, or Office)?

If your return to factory settings cleaned your partition, then you don't have access to anything that was on the drive. If it did not, you can check your download folder and see if you have any installation files there.

It's likely you may have to get the disk. What version were you using?
DemonicGamingUK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2018 16:52 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same issue wont let me re-install PD16 had to pay for the extended download and still cant download it ive had to factory default my pc last week and im still waiting for the "support" response.... which is cutting into my time as a streamer and editor on youtube and with out the screen capture im basically cant do any of that. so at this point in time i feel ive been mugged off by the comany since there is no REAL support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2018 15:10