Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving projects
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. Ran across something that puzzles me.
I've just started using PD 16 this morning, for the first time, to assemble and edit about 4 hours of video on same subject. As I break the clips down into 1 hour segments, I click "Save the Project As" and give each of them a different name.
However, unbeknownst to me, until I looked at the top of the editing area, PD 16 is saving the video projects in PD 15 (see atch). Didn't notice that at first and was wondering why, when I click on Cyberlink in my Documents folder, Power Director and PD 16, none of my projects were listed. If I go to PD 15, there they are. In addition, when I open PD 16 and Open Project, all my projects show under PD 15.
Is this something new with PD? Should I uninstall PD 15? If I do, my projects will be deleted.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
[Thumb - pd projects.PNG]
 Filename
pd projects.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
153 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Open that PD16 project. Do the Save Project As.. STOP! Look at the Folder path on that window and change it to whatever path you want. Save the project. That will be the default path the next time you open and save PD16 projects.