CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Directorzone Login shortcut button does not appear on Powerdirector 16
Reply to this topic
Viracocha [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 11, 2010 08:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just an irritating little problem on previous versions of Powerdirector, you are automatically logged into Directorzone and you could access this via the screen, this does not seem to be the case on PD16, on preferences it states that I asm automatically login in, but when I go to directorzone it asks me to login, any ideas why this is different to previous PD's Thanks
[Post New]
Hello Viracocha,

You're correct. The DZ sign-in isn't included in the menu bar in PowerDirector16, as it was with previous versions.

If you sign-in in Preferences, when you access DZ from within PDR16 (clicking on the Free Templates button) you should be signed in to DirectorZone, even if you'd been signed out in your browser.

I am not aware of the reasons for the change, nor would I like to guess.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 21, 2017 06:15 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently upgraded and found too that the automatic log in to DZ is not available, however I am unable to download free templates as suggested due to a browser issue. An error message states " You are attempting to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again." The problem is, there are at least two browsers on my PC. Windows 10's EDGE and Ihave also downloaded CHROME... to no avail. Any advice? This is a Long Standing problem that was the main reason I updated in the first place.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2017 22:13

New user C [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 19, 2018 23:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have recently upgraded and found too that the automatic log in to DZ is not available, however I am unable to download free templates as suggested due to a browser issue. An error message states " You are attempting to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again." The problem is, there are at least two browsers on my PC. Windows 10's EDGE and Ihave also downloaded CHROME... to no avail. Any advice? This is a Long Standing problem that was the main reason I updated in the first place.

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution?
[Post New]
Hello New user C & ClassroomDr,

Could you please state exactly the steps you take in order to access DZ templates & post screenshots of any alert messages?

Certainly, similar issues have been reported in the past. I'm sure there's a solution!

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Unfortunately, months later and multiple reinstalls, with three tickets submitted with documentation, I have discovered Cyberlink has "closed" the complaint. Shewwwww.... I will not fail. When and if I find a way around this, I will submit to the forum my findings.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]

Unfortunately, months later and multiple reinstalls, with three tickets submitted with documentation, I have discovered Cyberlink has "closed" the complaint. Shewwwww.... I will not fail. When and if I find a way around this, I will submit to the forum my findings.

I went to the website highlighted in this thread and attempted all solutions, without success... Again...I will submit to the forum any findings...but for now...am in a pickle and out of sweet resources to counteract the bitterness I am feeling over this issue.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello New user C & ClassroomDr,

Could you please state exactly the steps you take in order to access DZ templates & post screenshots of any alert messages?

Certainly, similar issues have been reported in the past. I'm sure there's a solution!

PIX

Thank you for your help, but did not solve the problem.

Currently I have tried running as a local administrator in Windows 10, both hard and soft set. I have attempted install from dvd disk purchased originally, and have even downloaded from a copy saved as allowed on external hard drive. I have submitted all requested materials from Cyberlink in a support forum and have searched for days for other You Tube aide...nothing.

I have other Cyberlink software and this is the only one that is not active in its' links to the mothership. I did find that install did NOT place the Power Director in the folder as others and wonder if this is a glitch of noteworthyness. Just saying... I am going to attempt to remove the current once more and download a 'trial" version then using my key see if it will make a difference.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]

WOOO HOOOOOOO Problem solved... researched the forum... Here's how

Using the Add and Remove Program Listing page in windows ( Link found on the left in the Add and Remove Apps page/womdow under "Programs") , Looking under window settings among available selections listed I found that the Explorer 11 box was not checked . I checked it and restarted my computer. Words of warning... it was an anxious time waiting during the delay it took in restarting... however, my joy at having an active link through my PowerDirector 16 was a sweet compromise. I used professional cleaning software to counteract the delayed start and found this eliminated most of the delay... If I had not the cleaner I doubt that I would be happy however. I do not understand why my other Cyberlink programs had worked and PowerDirector 16 not, but now it has joined the working crew.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2018 04:32

8 Theo 8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 29, 2017 06:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

WOOO HOOOOOOO Problem solved... researched the forum... Here's how

Using the Add and Remove Program Listing page in windows ( Link found on the left in the Add and Remove Apps page/womdow under "Programs") , Looking under window settings among available selections listed I found that the Explorer 11 box was not checked . I checked it and restarted my computer. Words of warning... it was an anxious time waiting during the delay it took in restarting... however, my joy at having an active link through my PowerDirector 16 was a sweet compromise. I used professional cleaning software to counteract the delayed start and found this eliminated most of the delay... If I had not the cleaner I doubt that I would be happy however. I do not understand why my other Cyberlink programs had worked and PowerDirector 16 not, but now it has joined the working crew.

Hello Classroomdr, is this under Windows 10 or Windows 7?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2018 04:32

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 3847 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Theo. In the 3rd thread of this post ClassroomDr said he was using Windows 10. In Win 7 it is under Turn Windows features on or off. I am glad that he figured it out and posted the solution he found for all to see.
8 Theo 8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 29, 2017 06:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hello Classroomdr, is this under Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Problem solved, thanks a lot laughing
Reply to this topic