Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I invert clips (NOT flip)?
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Hopefully some of you guys can help me with this. I'm trying to use PD 15 to laterally invert my camcorder footage. I know I've done it before in PD14 or perhaps an earlier version of PD and, if memory serves, it was a feature in PowerTools back then.

I'm not trying to play the video in reverse or spin/rotate it by various degrees. I simply want the image turned around so that what was originally on the left of the screen is now on the right and vice versa.

Also, didn't there used to be a way to invert (top changing places with bottom) as well? Anyone know how to do that?

I hope the above explanations haven't been overly definitive, but I'm just trying to avoid being told how to spin the footage or play it backwards LOL!!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Hopefully some of you guys can help me with this. I'm trying to use PD 15 to laterally invert my camcorder footage. I know I've done it before in PD14 or perhaps an earlier version of PD and, if memory serves, it was a feature in PowerTools back then.

I'm not trying to play the video in reverse or spin/rotate it by various degrees. I simply want the image turned around so that what was originally on the left of the screen is now on the right and vice versa.

Also, didn't there used to be a way to invert (top changing places with bottom) as well? Anyone know how to do that?

I hope the above explanations haven't been overly definitive, but I'm just trying to avoid being told how to spin the footage or play it backwards LOL!!

I think you do want to flip.
This option is available in the PIP designer. You can flip left to right or upside down. In other words if somebody was looking left, when you flip they would look right.
I hope this helps
Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I was, as we say in the UK, "flipping out" over this one but did find it as you say by double-clicking on the scene wneh in timeline view and the option to flip appeared.

The to flip or not to flip confusion is because some of the tutorials on Youtube etc use flip to mean rotate. But I hear you loud and clear and appreciate the help!

Thank you once again.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the reply. I was, as we say in the UK, "flipping out" over this one but did find it as you say by double-clicking on the scene wneh in timeline view and the option to flip appeared.

The to flip or not to flip confusion is because some of the tutorials on Youtube etc use flip to mean rotate. But I hear you loud and clear and appreciate the help!

Thank you once again.

Glad to have helped a fellow Brit Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,