Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't find it
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I'm back again looking for some guidance.
I just recorded/imported a few video clips of a memorial service for my mother-in-law. I wanted an appropriate title, so I found, and downloaded, a title named In Memory Of.
After downloading, I clicked open and it said it was in PD and ready to use. Couldn't find it.
Downloaded again and clicked Save, then Open Folder. It was in the downloads folder. (see 1st atch). Clicked on it and it said it was installed in the Pip room. Looked, not there. Not in Media Room or any other room.
Where should I look for it?
[Thumb - Cant find it.PNG]
 Filename
Cant find it.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
[Thumb - cant find it 2.PNG]
 Filename
cant find it 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I don't use templates myself so just a guess have you tried selecting "Downloaded" rather than "All content" when looking for the PIP ? Makes it easier to see what is there.
I notice on your screen shot something like "This file comes from another computer and may have been blocked" next to it is a "UNBLOCK" button. Does clicking on that make a difference?
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't use templates myself so just a guess have you tried selecting "Downloaded" rather than "All content" when looking for the PIP ? Makes it easier to see what is there.
I notice on your screen shot something like "This file comes from another computer and may have been blocked" next to it is a "UNBLOCK" button. Does clicking on that make a difference?

Thanks longedge for your response.
When I'm in PD,I've looked at all possibilities but it isn't there.
As for the "blocked", I didn't notice that. Let me click on it and see what happens. Not sure what it means by downloaded by another computer because I only have my laptop.
Will give follow-up.
Again, thank you. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to download the same title with PD16 and Firefox. It worked perfectly.

1. Don't use a download manager.

2. Do as described: download it with "Open", not with "Save to". The downloaded file should have the ".dzt" extension. Files with that extension should be opened with the "EffectExtractor" of Cyberlink.

3. After that, the titel or whatever is downloaded from DirectorZone should appear to the selected room, in this case, the title room.

4. If the file with the ".dzt" extension is in the download folder, double click it. It should be extracted by the EffectExtractor.

5. If not, something goes wrong with your connection between the extension and the EffectsExtractor. Maybe that can be repaired. The EffectsExtractor is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files".

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A note: 4:3 aspect ratio items (PIP, Titles, Particles, etc) only appear while in 4:3 mode. The inverse is true of 16:9. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I think Barry has nailed it!

Top of the list when I searched for "In memory of" in DirectorZone was a 4:3 PIP. If it's the same one that you are trying to use and your project is 16:9 then the download won't show.
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A note: 4:3 aspect ratio items (PIP, Titles, Particles, etc) only appear while in 4:3 mode. The inverse is true of 16:9.

Thanks BarrytheCrab. I guess that is the problem. I didn't realize it was 4:3 when I downloaded it. I tried two others and they went into the PIP file.
One other thing I failed to consider. I'm using a new camcorder and the videos are all in AVCHD (MTS). Never was involved in that file so have to "retool" my brain.
To all you who responded to my post, I thank you very much. Always great help in the Cyberlink Forums. I don't anticipate having to make any more posts for a while, so let's close this one out.
I am wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and safe Happy New Year from Vientiane, Laos. Jack