Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SlideShow ignores adjustments
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried slideshow on PD16 latest revision and it appears to ignore all changes made to clips.

So simple - make adjustments to exposure/contrast size position crop et al - they do not show on the timeline and do not appear in the slideshow.

Whereas using the same set of clips (jpgs) and just play as a normal video and the adjustments do appear in the preview, even though not on the timeline.

So timeline display does not show any changes - but maybe this is how CL designed it.

Slideshow ignores changes - and this is bad, as regular video uses changes as made.

Any thoughts peoples?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just tried slideshow on PD16 latest revision and it appears to ignore all changes made to clips.

So simple - make adjustments to exposure/contrast size position crop et al - they do not show on the timeline and do not appear in the slideshow.

Whereas using the same set of clips (jpgs) and just play as a normal video and the adjustments do appear in the preview, even though not on the timeline.

So timeline display does not show any changes - but maybe this is how CL designed it.

Slideshow ignores changes - and this is bad, as regular video uses changes as made.

Any thoughts peoples?

Slide show is essentially premade and not adjustable except within narrow limits.
If you want to be able to change more, use the full editor.
Sorry .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thanks for that - what you say looks true which is a shame.

Another way would be to edit/adjust/crop etc before loading to PD then things will perform as expected.

It was my first play - and now I am at least aware.

Thank you.