where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ID piracy "code" help for a unique video, insert a identifier
Reply to this topic
rhodymark [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 23, 2017 17:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello:

Didn't know where to post this on the site, so I am trying here. I may be selling some videos, but on a one-by-one basis direct to seller. So I anticipate maybe 50 videos sold. I am concerned about piracy and realize that watermaring or code to prevent that is probably unrealistic.

BUT, I am thinking about inserting a unique identifier in each video. That way if I see a pirated version, I may be able to ID the person I sold it to. Such as, insert a image somewhere in the middle of the video for a brief second. Like in the 15th video I sold, there would be the number 15, in a mysterious spot in the video. Or maybe a sound.

I figured I would ask you guys since I want an easy way and thought maybe someone had one.
[Post New]
Hello rhodymark,

Copy protection is a complex field, & one I could not offer advice about. Certainly, no CyberLink product has any such related function beyond the suggestion you've made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_protection

There are commercial operations that can do this, but I doubt you'd want to invest $$$ for such a small home-based project.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 12:12

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
rhodymark [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 23, 2017 17:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello rhodymark,

Copy protection is a complex field, & one I could not offer advice about. Certainly, no CyberLink product has any such related function beyond the suggestion you've made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_protection

There are commercial operations that can do this, but I doubt you'd want to invest $$$ for such a small home-based project.

PIX

Thanks. I think I will just insert a number in each video a few times. 15th video sold, gets the number 15. Not to prevent copying, but to ID anyone who does piracy. Just windering if anyone has done that.
Reply to this topic