CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot upload particles after patch applied.
Reply to this topic
Paolo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 21, 2017 10:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, 2 days ago I upgraded to PWD 16 Ultra. On the same day I uploaded a particle 30 seconds long OK. The day after the programe showed a fault on exit and offered to apply a patch.

it all went smooth, except that I cannot longer upload any particles. I tried many times to upload a particle with a similar lenght, but at the end of the upload it says that Cyberlink could not complete the upload.

I tried to upload 2 other particle with a set 10 seconds lenght, and also it showed me that it could not complete the upload, after a long while, they both appeared on the Director Zone feed.

Is there a set lenght a particle must be? Could be that the tags or Collection settings are not correct?

I tried to unistall PWD16 and re-install PWD15, but I get the same problem. The patch seem to be deep into the PC roots.

I would appreciate any help to solve this puzzle.

Thank You

Paolo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2017 06:08

[Post New]
Hello Paolo,

It is, indeed, a puzzle. Quite often, what doesn't work for one DZ user works perfectly well for another. It's difficult to work out the rhyme or reason.

Just now, I tested particle uploads to DirectorZone & had no issues. I modified this Holiday Lights particle a number of times and uploaded the variants. I am using PDR16 with the latest patch (2313) applied.

Holiday Lights particles: Small - Line - Sparse

When templates are uploaded to DirectorZone, they don't have a duration assigned to them. That is set in the user's timeline.

On different occasions, I've received the alert telling me a template could not be uploaded. Sometimes, when I check my account later, it's there! surprised Over recent weeks, there have been a number of different issues reported about the functionality of DZ. The team at CL is working (I believe) to correct these.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Paolo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 21, 2017 10:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Paolo,

It is, indeed, a puzzle. Quite often, what doesn't work for one DZ user works perfectly well for another. It's difficult to work out the rhyme or reason.

Just now, I tested particle uploads to DirectorZone & had no issues. I modified this Holiday Lights particle a number of times and uploaded the variants. I am using PDR16 with the latest patch (2313) applied.

Holiday Lights particles: Small - Line - Sparse

When templates are uploaded to DirectorZone, they don't have a duration assigned to them. That is set in the user's timeline.

On different occasions, I've received the alert telling me a template could not be uploaded. Sometimes, when I check my account later, it's there! surprised Over recent weeks, there have been a number of different issues reported about the functionality of DZ. The team at CL is working (I believe) to correct these.

PIX

Hi again PIX,

thanks for your answer. It could be that my laptop is not fast enough for PWD. I again uploaded one particle of standard lenght earlier this afternoon and it showed me again that it could not complete the upload. After 5 minutes I logged into DZ and found the particle there (WATERFALLS). The day I upgraded and before the patch I uploaded the particle "SPACESHIP_COLLISION" and it whent OK. Since the patch was upplied the day after, it is not longer functioning properly and cannot revert to PWD15. I will have to wait untill the team find a solution. one of the fix on the patch was related to particles. Maybe that another issue arised, which only shows up on some PCs. Just to let you know that when I save a particle then click on it on the particles windows, it plays correctly, but if I double click to edit, I only get a 9 seconds window, and the particle does not display correctly (it is all out of time); But if I move the particle to the timeline, it plays fine and can be modified correctly, as the time is correct???

Thank you again PIX.
Reply to this topic