CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Zone Search
Reply to this topic
tit4tat6191 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 20, 2014 07:12 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Search bar in-op when searching for a particular file. ie: snow particles. Search results bring up no results. Help, please?
[Post New]
Hello tit4tat6191,

Some users are experiencing different issues with DirectorZone and the CL team is working to correct these.

On DZ, I just did three searches and got quite different results:

Using "snow" there were 1700+ results, 800+ of which are particles. Using "snow particle" there were only 29 results, most of which were particles. Using "snow particles" yielded only 8 results.

Without trying to defend the search engine on DZ, success very much depends on (a) the search criteria you enter (b) how well users have tagged their uploaded effects.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
tit4tat6191 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your quick reply. As you can see, my search brings up zero results. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Hello tit4tat6191,

Some users are experiencing different issues with DirectorZone and the CL team is working to correct these.

On DZ, I just did three searches and got quite different results:

Using "snow" there were 1700+ results, 800+ of which are particles. Using "snow particle" there were only 29 results, most of which were particles. Using "snow particles" yielded only 8 results.

Without trying to defend the search engine on DZ, success very much depends on (a) the search criteria you enter (b) how well users have tagged their uploaded effects.

PIX
[Thumb - snow.jpg]
 Filename
snow.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - snow particles.jpg]
 Filename
snow particles.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
[Thumb - fire.jpg]
 Filename
fire.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
DutchD [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 18, 2013 18:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Search bar in-op when searching for a particular file. ie: snow particles. Search results bring up no results. Help, please?

I was unable to search for any topic in Director Zone Dutch
DutchD [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got zero results on searches such as christmas Dutch
tit4tat6191 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry if you can't see my images. Thanks Dutch, glad someone else confirm my problem.

Quote I got zero results on searches suchaschristmas
tit4tat6191 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Search is working now. Sunday, Dec 10, 2017, 11:33 PM. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas to all!
DutchD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Search is working now. Sunday, Dec 10, 2017, 11:33 PM. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas to all!

Glad to hear it was a temporary problem with Director Zone Search and thanks to those who put in the "fix". I don't use DZ that often, but it certainly comes in handy for titles and special effects. Dutch
[Post New]
Without actually knowing, I think the difficulty is that many of the issues encountered with DirectorZone are not consistent for all users using all browsers.

One thing certain is the importance of reporting issues such as those you've both raised.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2017 00:18

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic